Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2009, 03:30:13 PM
Sent you an email.
Jesus Hell Timmy, you sent me the Encyclopedia Britannica. :huh:

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 03:12:10 PM
Yeah, Asians kinda suck at metabolizing alcohol.  Alot of the ones I know turn bright red.  :blush:

I think one sip of beer will do that for me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on August 07, 2009, 03:36:25 PM
QuoteSeems they'll be a physical when I get over there.

Will they care that I had cancer? It was seven years ago, and while I've got a huge scar, it's not something that the students will ever see.
:blink:
They're give teachers physicals?
How...odd. :unsure:

QuoteI had to do a physical in China.  They were looking for infectious diseases.  They took my blood, x-rays, even did an ultrasound IIRC.  the strange thing was, there were about 10 fascinated Chinese in the room staring at me for each step of the procedure.   :lol:
Aha. They want to take this opportunity to study a real westerner.

I believe they give everyone physicals, not just teachers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
Sent you an email.

Just 13 pages of pdf, it's not my fault Korean characters take up so much space.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2009, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
Sent you an email.

Just 13 pages of pdf, it's not my fault Korean characters take up so much space.

13 pages!? How much are you paying him?   :lol:

jimmy olsen

All I got left is a short interview over the phone and I'm in.

I was at Staples getting paper yesterday and I checked out the outlet adapters. There was one set for $29.99 that had adapters for a slew of countries including Japan. However South Korea was not listed, would it work there?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 09, 2009, 11:34:05 PM

I was at Staples getting paper yesterday and I checked out the outlet adapters. There was one set for $29.99 that had adapters for a slew of countries including Japan. However South Korea was not listed, would it work there?

The last time I was in S. Korea, the voltage is 220v, i.e. different from the 110v in the US.  It is unlikely that your electricity appliances will work over there. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 10, 2009, 12:50:28 AM

The last time I was in S. Korea, the voltage is 220v, i.e. different from the 110v in the US.  It is unlikely that your electricity appliances will work over there.
That's why I need an adapter. I want to know if an adapter that will work in Japan will work in S. Korea.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 10, 2009, 12:55:08 AM

That's why I need an adapter. I want to know if an adapter that will work in Japan will work in S. Korea.

No, they use different systems.  Japan is the same as the US in terms of socket and voltage.  S. Korea is different on both counts.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 10, 2009, 12:57:53 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 10, 2009, 12:55:08 AM

No, they use different systems.  Japan is the same as the US in terms of socket and voltage.  S. Korea is different on both counts.
What about China, are they the same? It had one for China too.

I'd assumed that since Japan ruled Korea when electricity became mainstream they'd be the same. Weird.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

China is 220v.  As far as I can remember, China, Japan, S.Korea and HK all use different socket plugs.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 10, 2009, 01:06:36 AM
China is 220v.  As far as I can remember, China, Japan, S.Korea and HK all use different socket plugs.
Well crap.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 10, 2009, 01:08:57 AM
Well crap.

You bought the adaptor?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 10, 2009, 01:11:52 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 10, 2009, 01:08:57 AM
Well crap.

You bought the adaptor?
No but, I saw it was good for Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and maybe Thailand IIRC, but I didn't see any for S. Korea.

I'll have to scope out a couple of different places.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

The thing is, I think it is very unlikely that a US$30 thing will convert the voltage.  Even if you can adapt the plug you can't transform the voltage.  I speak from experience - I've lived in both HK (220V) and Canada (110v) for years.  Adapting the plug is easy.  Transforming the voltage is tough.