News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Yeah, Asians kinda suck at metabolizing alcohol.  Alot of the ones I know turn bright red.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 03:12:10 PM
Yeah, Asians kinda suck at metabolizing alcohol.  Alot of the ones I know turn bright red.  :blush:

Can we look forward to little Timmay taking advantage of tipsy Korean girl students?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on August 07, 2009, 03:10:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2009, 03:07:10 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 07, 2009, 11:47:44 AM
I for one am interested in Timmay's adventures in drunkman land.
Drunkman land?

Besides college students and homeless people, I've never seen anyone get as drunk by 7 PM on a weeknight as a pack of Japanese businessmen.  :beer:
It's fun to do that every once in a while, but not every day.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

@Mal Yes, I think we can.

Tim, tell them your leg scar was earned in blood at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir.  You shall be known as "Dear Savior Timmy-san", or whatever the fuck the Korean equivalent to "-san" is.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 03:20:44 PM

Tim, tell them your leg scar was earned in blood at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir.  You shall be known as "Dear Savior Timmy-san", or whatever the fuck the Korean equivalent to "-san" is.
shi

jimmy olsen

:lol: They might have trouble with telling my age, but not that much.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2009, 03:23:12 PM:lol: They might have trouble with telling my age, but not that much.
Tell them you were accidentally locked in a government cryonic thing in 1953, forgotten about, and just were released from it by two kids playing in a warehouse.  Cross your fingers that they've never seen that lame Mel Gibson movie about that.

Malthus

We are well within our rights to demand pics, right?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

No, no students for me.

College girls though :perv:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

College girls aren't students?  :huh:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 07, 2009, 03:10:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2009, 12:33:30 AM
Yi, can you read Korean?
I can sound it out as long as there aren't any Chinese characters.  If you need a translation I can shoot it at my mom.

Sent you an email.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 03:27:17 PM
College girls aren't students?  :huh:
Not my students, the way you were talking made the whole thing sound very unethical.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

QuoteSeems they'll be a physical when I get over there.

Will they care that I had cancer? It was seven years ago, and while I've got a huge scar, it's not something that the students will ever see.
:blink:
They're give teachers physicals?
How...odd. :unsure:

QuoteI had to do a physical in China.  They were looking for infectious diseases.  They took my blood, x-rays, even did an ultrasound IIRC.  the strange thing was, there were about 10 fascinated Chinese in the room staring at me for each step of the procedure.   :lol:
Aha. They want to take this opportunity to study a real westerner.

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 03:24:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2009, 03:23:12 PM:lol: They might have trouble with telling my age, but not that much.
Tell them you were accidentally locked in a government cryonic thing in 1953, forgotten about, and just were released from it by two kids playing in a warehouse.  Cross your fingers that they've never seen that lame Mel Gibson movie about that.
Just like Captain America but from a less cool war :w00t:
██████
██████
██████