News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Iormlund

All I got from my Pfizer shots (all three) was a slightly sore shoulder for a day or two (only really noticeable when I turned to sleep on that side).

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on December 09, 2021, 05:35:08 PM
Still surprised how many of you are getting your booster shots.  I'm still not eligible.

But maybe it's just the after-effects of Canada being behind the curve in the spring to begin with.  I mean I won't be 6 months post-second-shot until the end of this month anyways, so there's no hurry yet...
In US America, you're basically eligible if you say that you are eligible.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Still surprised how many of you are getting your booster shots.  I'm still not eligible.

Booster is available after 4 months here. I got mine after 5 months and a bit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Iormlund on December 09, 2021, 06:24:53 PM
All I got from my Pfizer shots (all three) was a slightly sore shoulder for a day or two (only really noticeable when I turned to sleep on that side).

You've got a booster already? Only my parents got one so far, and you're not *that* old  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2021, 04:19:38 AM

You've got a booster already? Only my parents got one so far, and you're not *that* old  :P

IIRC he's at risk due to a previous health condition.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2021, 04:46:52 AM

Ahhh true. Was wondering if other regions were further along than us.

Duque de Bragança

But maybe it's just the after-effects of Canada being behind the curve in the spring to begin with.  I mean I won't be 6 months post-second-shot until the end of this month anyways, so there's no hurry yet...

It was 5 months and a week post-second shot. Threshold was recently changed from 6 to 5 months over here, for all over 18.

Barrister

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2021, 09:52:02 AM

It was 5 months and a week post-second shot. Threshold was recently changed from 6 to 5 months over here, for all over 18.

That's very... specific.

Over here it's 6 months from second shot, for 60+, First Nations, and people with specified immune deficiencies (I don't qualify under this list).  There are unspecified plans to over time reduce the age limit to 18+.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

People over 60, specific immune deficiencies, comorbidities have had access to the booster shot earlier.

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2021, 04:46:52 AM

I got one over a month ago. My parents are not even boosted yet.

I guess it's likely due to my meds, which lower my defenses. Curiously enough they didn't made much of a difference until I switched jobs and mingled with parents of young children (and even then it merely meant I caught a couple extra colds a year).

Strangely my weakened immune system didn't matter for the first two shots. They seem to have changed priorities for the booster, but it's all a clusterfuck so who knows.

Now that I think of it it might have been the arrhythmia study I got done in October that tipped the scales. They called me just a few days after I got discharged. Though technically the results of the study were somewhat positive (in that I'm not likely to die from it).

saskganesh

I get my booster 3 days before Christmas. Because I am older and wiser and make food for poor people.
humans were created in their own image

Josquius

My dad has had his 3rd.
Pretty bad reaction from it.
Asking what type, apparently its a new sort called spievax? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on December 10, 2021, 06:36:33 PM
I get my booster 3 days before Christmas. Because I am older and wiser and make food for poor people.

:cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Booster booked for Weds... outside Belmarsh. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.