COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Syt

Nah, I wake up between 4:30 am and 5:30 am as per usual :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Today I overslept despite setting two alarms, ended up waking up at 10:30.  :ph34r:

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2021, 05:43:36 AM
Today I overslept despite setting two alarms, ended up waking up at 10:30.  :ph34r:

What's your job? Organ courier?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2021, 05:38:21 AM
Update on secondary effects fromt he 2nd jab. I'm sleeping TONS more than usual since I got the 2nd Pfizer dose last Friday. Has this happened to anybody else?

I felt quite sleepy as well, but I'm chronically under-slept, so it was hard to guess if that was the shot or not.

Jacob

Update on secondary effects fromt he 2nd jab. I'm sleeping TONS more than usual since I got the 2nd Pfizer dose last Friday. Has this happened to anybody else?

Yes, definitely - to me, to people in my family, to various friends. Now, I feel like I'd shaken it off pretty well after 3 days, but when side effects were discussed everything was talked about in a "if this persists for more than a week." So I wouldn't be super concerned yet if I were you.

The Larch

Quote from: Iormlund on July 20, 2021, 10:34:32 AM

I felt quite sleepy as well, but I'm chronically under-slept, so it was hard to guess if that was the shot or not.

I'm also chronically under-slept, so I didn't care much for it the first day after a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. Then on the 2nd day I had another 2 hour nap on top of that... and plenty of sleep at night to boot. It was actually a bit hard to fall asleep on Sunday after so much sleep during the weekend.  :lol:

merithyn

Yes. I think I slept like 14 hours each the two days after the second shot.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

Got my third dose yesterday. So far only slight shoulder pain, as the other two times.

This really came out of nowhere. While I'm somewhat immunocompromised, I was not deemed a priority for the first vaccination wave. Whereas now I went before even the elderly (my parents are around 70 years old and have not been called).
Which means I got my third booster just 3 months after the second.
:hmm:

The Larch

It seems that people who got the Janssen vaccine in Spain are going to be given a 2nd shot of a different one, as apparently they've built much less imunity over time than those that got the 2 shot vaccines.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Iormlund on October 22, 2021, 09:47:16 AM
This really came out of nowhere. While I'm somewhat immunocompromised, I was not deemed a priority for the first vaccination wave. Whereas now I went before even the elderly (my parents are around 70 years old and have not been called).
Which means I got my third booster just 3 months after the second.
:hmm:
Same. I got mine in September and way sooner than expected. But I think roll-out here has been a mess so I think I got the text earlier than I should have :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

My mother just received her booster this morning. My father will get it in the coming weeks, most probably.

Tamas

My parents got their 3rd Pfizer shots on Friday. They were quite worried because despite my efforts I couldn't 100% convince them my father's heart issues at the start of this year were not related.

But it seems like they have had a pretty mild reaction to the booster shot overall, definitely way below of what they were worried about.

Now I can travel through the sea of Omicron that's going to be Europe during Christmas to visit them with much fewer worries.

Zanza

Booked my booster for end of December. I will likely get Moderna, completing my trifecta of AstraZeneca, BioNTech and then Moderna...

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on November 29, 2021, 11:42:27 AMBut it seems like they have had a pretty mild reaction to the booster shot overall, definitely way below of what they were worried about.

My mom was told by the nurse that delivered the booster to her that this one is like half a dose from the regular one, given that it's just a booster and not a full requiriment for vaccination, so side effects should be lower than from the regular doses.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.