COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

viper37

Still don't know if I'll get the booster shot.  The 2nd one hit me hard.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

So the EU travel QR code will expire on February 1st, unless you get a third shot. We're up to about 5% on the booster front so far, guess I'm not planning that February break trip then.

Zanza

Quote from: viper37 on December 08, 2021, 02:22:57 PM
Booster is just half the dosage of the first two.

Josquius

Heh. Reality is biting. One of my anti vax cousins works in the TV and film business. Her Facebook nonsense posts have turned to whines about how it's not fair you have to be vaccinated to get a job.
Zero sympathy there.
Getting vaccinated as a choice - sure. Some people are afraid of needles. Fine.
But then learning how to drive is a choice. Don't come whinging about how you have to pay all your money in taxis or rent on a central flat if you decide not to take it.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on December 09, 2021, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 08, 2021, 02:22:57 PM
Booster is just half the dosage of the first two.

Still hit me at least as bad as the second shot. Though I might have experienced it worse because I got the booster earlier in the day than shot 2, so the symptoms kicked in during the night making me lose sleep.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Hmm, so weird.  It seems like there are two groups of people:  second shot knocked them down but booster was a nothingburger, and then people who were knocked down by the second shot and knocked down even harder by the third shot.  I wonder why the difference is so stark, and what's behind it.

Syt

In my case it's 3x Moderna. No idea if that plays a role.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

I got knocked out by my first shot but the other two have been fine. Heavy arm on the second and nothing on the third.

Maybe something to do with the type of vaccine as an AZ/AZ/Pfizer.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I read up about vaccination reactions, and apparently they're just your body reacting to a foreign substance entering the body. It's not indicative of whether or not you will have good Covid protection as that takes days and weeks to develop.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

:lol: Yeah I panicked about that after having minimal response to shot 2 and wondering if it had worked :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

i was fine for the first, but the second hit me hard a few days later. pfizer for both
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Pfizer for all three for me, and the pattern was nada-ouch-nada.

Jacob

Moderna x2 for me. First one put be down for a bit, second one was trivial. Booster shot is probably sometime early next year.

Duque de Bragança

I did have a somewhat troubled night (woke up a few times) after the Moderna shot booster but I can't be certain it was caused by the shot.

Barrister

Still surprised how many of you are getting your booster shots.  I'm still not eligible.

But maybe it's just the after-effects of Canada being behind the curve in the spring to begin with.  I mean I won't be 6 months post-second-shot until the end of this month anyways, so there's no hurry yet...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.