Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Episode 3 really just left me kind-of lost.  I feel like I need to go and watch some youtube show that's just as long as Episode 3 itself in order to understand everything that was going on.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on April 03, 2021, 09:55:54 AM
Episode 3 really just left me kind-of lost.  I feel like I need to go and watch some youtube show that's just as long as Episode 3 itself in order to understand everything that was going on.
Glad it's not just me losing what is going on
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Yeah, episode 3 was a bit of a hot mess. They seemed to throw a plot twist every 5 minutes or so, and a lot of it didn't make much sense. That said, I was thoroughly entertained.

Also, my guess is that Carter is the Power Broker, and also that the whole thing will end with Asshole Cap taking the supersoldier serum and fighting the good guys.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

As I said after watching the first episode, Marvel hasn't done much social commentary and I'm quite digging this show trying to have a bit more bite.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on April 03, 2021, 10:05:37 AM
Yeah, episode 3 was a bit of a hot mess. They seemed to throw a plot twist every 5 minutes or so, and a lot of it didn't make much sense. That said, I was thoroughly entertained.

Also, my guess is that Carter is the Power Broker, and also that the whole thing will end with Asshole Cap taking the supersoldier serum and fighting the good guys.

You certainly called the last part of that sentence. I mean it was telegraphed throughout episode 4, but good call on calling it beforehand.

I mean - I appreciate what the show is trying to do in terms of social commentary.  But I was digging Wandavision way more than this.

In terms of Disney+ shows my boys wanted to watch the new Mighty Ducks episode before Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Grey Fox

Yeah, I'm with your boys. The New Mighty Ducks is more fun/interesting than FaWS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Well that was Deadpoolish.
They spend hours upon hours of screen time doing all this hyper dangerous stuff that should kill them and others a thousand times over but nobody ever visibly dies. Its always punch him and he falls into an endless abyss or chain reaction leads to him being in an explosion....
Now somebody visibly dies on screen and everyone stops trying to kill each other and freaks out.

And yes. Confirmed. Flag smashers are the good guys.
██████
██████
██████

chipwich

Ive forgotten why Falcon and Bucky are even fighting the flagsmashers.

Barrister

Okay, so I think I've complained that while I appreciate the social messaging F&WS is trying to do, it's been kind of boring.

After episode 5 (of 6) it's finally getting somewhere.

*spoilers* but this thread has hardly generated much traffic

So John Walker has gone mostly bad.  Sam (Falcon) has accepted the Captain America mantle.  There's a whole back story of the first black Super Soldier.

And Julia Louis-Dreyfus is going to be some kind of big-bad?  I did NOT see that one coming...

garbon

Zoupa

This show is dope. Apart from ep 3, which had huge plot holes. I wish it was 8 or 10 episodes.

celedhring

Oh wait, so this is ending this week? Damn. Feels like they still have stuff to go through, I guess it will be leave some plot threads set up for other movies/shows.

Grey Fox

FaWS, like Wandavision, was intended to bridge the gap between 2 movie releases not introduce us to Phase 4. Sometimes, it really shows.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.