Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Ending was fine with me, a little melodramatic but par for the course. And definitely set up threads for other shows/films.

Darkhold got a lot of screen time previously with Agents of Shield.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2021, 10:54:41 PM

Isn't that a dark magic book Wanda is reading at the end?  Josh was going "is she a bad guy now"?  I don't know Josh...

Now? She kept people enslaved and in agony long after she knew what she was doing. She was always the villain. The good guy got hit by a truck and arrested :D

One thing that confused me Is she trapped Agatha in the hex and then took down the hex. Does that mean Agatha is free?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on March 06, 2021, 06:34:43 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2021, 10:54:41 PM

Isn't that a dark magic book Wanda is reading at the end?  Josh was going "is she a bad guy now"?  I don't know Josh...

Now? She kept people enslaved and in agony long after she knew what she was doing. She was always the villain. The good guy got hit by a truck and arrested :D

One thing that confused me Is she trapped Agatha in the hex and then took down the hex. Does that mean Agatha is free?

Did a mind wipe spell to make her Agnes until series 2/a future movie.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Was her children mind controlled and real or hex only?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on March 06, 2021, 08:45:49 AM
Hex.

Except for the fact you could hear their voices calling out in the post-credits scene.

But yes they weren't mind-controlled children from 'real' Westview.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

On to the next...

I thought the first episode was okay of Falcon/Winter Soldier though interesting that titular characters didn't meet up in first episode of this very short series.

Still not quite sure why so much time was wasted on Falcon's starting fight whereas, while telegraphed and then ground in by having to show the notebook page confirming, at least Winter Soldier's fight was connected.

I did enjoy how effortlessly much (most?) of the episode was focused on non-white characters and their stories.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Well the first scene was a "we're going to spend most of the episode with superheroes being denied bank loans and dealing with guilt so let's put some big set-piece at the start" move.

I thought the episode was okay.

Quote from: garbon on March 20, 2021, 05:56:03 AM
I did enjoy how effortlessly much (most?) of the episode was focused on non-white characters and their stories.

In this episode they telegraphed quite clearly that the show will be about Falcon taking over Cap's mantle, so that's going to be a big theme. Looking forward to it since the Marvel movies have rarely dealt with social issues.

Darth Wagtaros

It was engaging enough.  The fight scene was kind of ludicrous for epople who aren't souped up on superhero juice though. 
PDH!

celedhring

Falcon & Winter Soldier - Episode 2

So that's why we aren't getting the AZ vaccines, they are being stolen by a mysterious cabal of super-soldier revolutionaries.  :hmm:

Josquius

Man. That lorry battle. The effects quality is awful.
Even worse than the usual modern super springy made of jelly cgi fight schenes.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I hadn't realized what the superhero genre needed was more couples counseling.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Liep on March 29, 2021, 03:00:28 AM
I'm probably missing something, but why don't they have guns?

"Superheroes don't kill"

Although the new discount brand Cap does have a gun.