Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2021, 11:20:51 PM
Garbon - maybe time to rename the thread?  Cuz it's Loki time!

Done though I'm not down with this mid-week jazz and will be watching it at my regularly scheduled marvel time - saturday morning. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2021, 12:14:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2021, 11:20:51 PM
Garbon - maybe time to rename the thread?  Cuz it's Loki time!

Done though I'm not down with this mid-week jazz and will be watching it at my regularly scheduled marvel time - saturday morning. :D

Yeah just when Disney+ had us well trained to watch a show with the kids on Friday night (Mandalorian -> Wandavision -> FalconWintersoldier / Mighty Ducks) suddenly they put it on a Wednesday? :blink:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

So reading some informed speculation about the identity of the bad guy seen at the end of the episode:

(so spoiler-y if true)

[spoiler]So I've seen the thinking is that the other Loki variant they're going after is Lady Loki (who apparently is a figure from the comics).  The reasoning is based on A: our Loki's TVA ID card which is seen quickly lists "Sex: fluid", but also that an actress Sophia Di Martino has been announced as cast in the series, but with no role announced so far.[/spoiler]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Not watching the show, and likely won't, but [spoiler]Loki being gender fluid is in line with mythology. After all he (as a mare) he was knocked up by Svaðilfari and gave birth to Sleipnir, and of course there's the incident where he had his balls tied to a goat's chin hairs, so he had different naughty bits at different times.[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Syt hardly anything of this version of Loki is inline with the Mythology though  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I too got big vibes that we have seen this retro time travel stuff a lot before.
Though I like how they take it a bit further and it all comes out very fallouty.

I guess as a set up first episode they did a good job in repeating so many moments from the films as I wouldn't remember otherwise.
So far so Meh. Let's see.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Watch #1 last night.

I really like it. Unlike others I haven't watch Umbrella Academy, so the TVA is all new tv concept and very interesting.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Second episode was a bit more interesting. Picked up the pace significantly.

Incidentally, I don't get why the TVA don't ditch the riot cop gear while on missions and try to blend in more, given they always seem to draw people's attention everywhere they go. I assume they DGAF since they can just reset that timeline afterwards, but it would probably make their job a little easier  :P

garbon

I like that Holding Out For A Hero showed up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on June 16, 2021, 09:12:39 AM
Second episode was a bit more interesting. Picked up the pace significantly.

Incidentally, I don't get why the TVA don't ditch the riot cop gear while on missions and try to blend in more, given they always seem to draw people's attention everywhere they go. I assume they DGAF since they can just reset that timeline afterwards, but it would probably make their job a little easier  :P

Yeah, the riot gear doesn't seem to protect very well, so not a great tradeoff between protection and allowing the variant to easily identify them.

Its basically wearing a Trek red shirt.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2021, 04:21:43 AM
And this is the first with an after credit scene right? The 8 minute long credits of Disney shows anger me.
the one before that had a seen[spoiler]Rambeau discovers Harkness' basement and his suprised by "Pietro"[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Fun episode, although when you think of it very little happens in it.

I like the actress playing Lady Loki Sylvie, though.

viper37

Late to the party, but I really like WandaVision so far.  Only 1 episode left! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.