News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on November 07, 2020, 11:51:49 AM
I know there'll be a lot of shit to wade through before Trump is out of the White House, but boy it feels good to feel relieved about a global event this year, for a change.

It's like the relief after taking a big, stinking orange shit after a long bout of constipation ... it feels amazing, but there are still stomach problems you must deal with, and the huge turd may be difficult to flush. It may back up the toilet and overflow, flooding the place with raw sewage. 😉
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Yeah just step one. But after four years of no steps, it feels good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It's the best news since the Ibiza tapes blew up the FPÖ over here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 11:46:05 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2020, 11:34:34 AM
ABC calls it too.
And Fox - which is what I'll be watching :ph34r:
Chris Wallace on Trump's legal challenges "other failing candidates have in the past" made those types of challenges :lol:

Trump will never concede, but Trump adjusting to being a loser is going to be quite the spectacle.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/1325121565810446337?s=20

QuoteI came to Four Seasons Total Landscaping to see if the president's lawyers would offer any evidence of the fraud they have been alleging. They haven't. So I'm leaving.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Dear Donald,

You're fired.

Respectfully,
America
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

From a German page:

"Good news: Joe Biden wins the presidential election.

Better news: Donald Trump loses the presidential election."
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Man, I guess that's how the ending of Return of the Jedi feels.

And I'm not even a yank.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2020, 12:16:10 PM
And I'm not even a yank.
No we are the ewoks, but less consequential.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2020, 12:16:10 PM
Man, I guess that's how the ending of Return of the Jedi feels.

So you're saying zombie Trump comes back in 35 years to conquer the US?

Though I feel the First Order would be too moderate for Republicans. Too many women and POC.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

WP:

QuoteTrump insisted Saturday that "this election is far from over" shortly after multiple outlets projected Biden to be the winner of the presidency.

"We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him: They don't want the truth to be exposed," Trump said in a statement issued by his campaign in which he repeated several unfounded claims about widespread fraud having occurred in states where Biden is leading, including Pennsylvania.

"The simple fact is this election is far from over," Trump said. "Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor."

Trump said that starting Monday, his campaign would "start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated."

"I will not rest until the American people have the honest vote count they deserve and that Democracy demands," Trump said.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 12:20:12 PM

Though I feel the First Order would be too moderate for Republicans. Too many women and POC.
"Somehow Trump returned."

Sounds plausible.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2020, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 12:20:12 PM

"Somehow Trump returned."

Sounds plausible.

"The dead tweet!"
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

At the rate of counting today it does look like a chance of a winner no?

edit- oh, looks like its being called on the BBC. Starmer posts his congratulations.
██████
██████
██████