News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 07, 2020, 12:08:49 AM
Well, it's been fun, but the last few pages here and in a few other topics have reminded me why I rarely visit anymore. Apparently we can agree on it being good that Trump is gone and remarkably little else.
Are you looking for an echo chamber or a discussion forum?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/1325088995773132803

QuoteWhat in the actual...

Is Donald Trump convening the world's press at a small landscaping company on the outskirts of Philadelphia?

I called the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia to check and the press conference really is being held at a landscaping company.

I've arrived at Four Seasons Landscaping. It's next to an adult book store called Fantasy Island.

We're now queuing up to go inside Four Seasons Total Landscaping to hear from the president's lawyers, as we appear close to a call from Pennsylvania which could decide the election, is a sentence I'd never thought I would write.

There is a very real possibility we have a made for Hollywoood moment when the world's press starts filtering out of this press conference because the race has been called.

This is the scene outside Four Seasons Total Landscaping.:
https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/1325107955835035650?s=20

Press waiting here alongside a handful of Trump supporters as each news org is called inside. They boo when they hear name of news org they don't like.
https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/1325111689478541312?s=20

News filtering through here that the race has been called. Some press are leaving.
https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/1325112950701649921?s=20
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Syt

QuoteWe're now about to hear from
@CLewandowski_
moments after Joe Biden has been projected to become the next president.

I have to say, this location is about as presidential as the entire Trump administration. :P

QuoteRichard Hall
@_RichardHall

"Where were you when the infamously grueling 2020 presidential race was called?"

"Four Seasons Total Landscaping."

5:35 PM · Nov 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Fox News also names Biden as 46th president.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 11:35:26 AM
QuoteWe're now about to hear from
@CLewandowski_
moments after Joe Biden has been projected to become the next president.

I have to say, this location is about as presidential as the entire Trump administration. :P

QuoteRichard Hall
@_RichardHall

"Where were you when the infamously grueling 2020 presidential race was called?"

"Four Seasons Total Landscaping."

5:35 PM · Nov 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I know he is broke but I thought he could still do these on the federal budget, wtf.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Some of my neighbors walking down the street ringing bells and banging drums and yelping with joy  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

I know there'll be a lot of shit to wade through before Trump is out of the White House, but boy it feels good to feel relieved about a global event this year, for a change.

Syt

https://twitter.com/_RichardHall/status/1325119057201393667?s=20

QuoteRudy Giuliani is here. "I'm here to describe to you the first part of a situation that is very troubling."

He says people behind him are poll watchers who will testify they were blocked from watching votes (this is false).
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Feels like it's the first time the toast falls with the buttered side up since a long time.