News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2020, 12:38:38 PM
Philadelphia: protecting American democracy since 1775.

To "Hail Columbia"

End! End the Trumpist reign
May Philadelphia's name
Ring through the world with loud applause
Ring through the world with loud applause
Sure they threw things at Santa Claus
and cheered at Michael Irvin's fall
Like when they broke the glass at that Flyer's game
They have earned ever lasting fame
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2020, 12:33:12 PM
Did I mention that I love Philadelphia? I've never been there before, but watching the numbers creep up there ...
:)

If you ever go, don't go to Geno's or Pat's.  You want to go to Steve's Prince of Steaks instead.  Same or higher quality, much shorter lines/no lines at all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 12:39:17 PM
I have a soft spot for Philadelphia despite never having been there: Rocky, cheesesteaks, it's Always Sunny, Gritty, rioting sportsfans and I've met loads of Americans travelling and the few I've met from Philadelphia have been great fun and have an amazing accent.

Wanted to visit for a while - mainly to try the cheesesteaks in their natural territory.
Amazing accent? :hmm:

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2020, 01:11:24 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2020, 12:39:17 PM
I have a soft spot for Philadelphia despite never having been there: Rocky, cheesesteaks, it's Always Sunny, Gritty, rioting sportsfans and I've met loads of Americans travelling and the few I've met from Philadelphia have been great fun and have an amazing accent.

Wanted to visit for a while - mainly to try the cheesesteaks in their natural territory.
Amazing accent? :hmm:

I have a colleague in Malta who went to high school and college in Philly. He is about 5 feet tall and has a coarse raspy voice and speaks with an awesome Philly mobster accent. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Why did he move to Malta? Tired of those snowy Philly winters I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

@Syt I wonder if you would think my accent is 'mobster'. :hmm:

The funny thing is, growing up in Philly a few times people asked me if I was someplace else.  A chick I went to high school with once asked me if I was originally from Texas. :huh:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2020, 01:09:24 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2020, 12:33:12 PM
Did I mention that I love Philadelphia? I've never been there before, but watching the numbers creep up there ...
:)

If you ever go, don't go to Geno's or Pat's.  You want to go to Steve's Prince of Steaks instead.  Same or higher quality, much shorter lines/no lines at all.

Come to the proposed languish meet up - you can show us all the best places! 😀
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 01:13:37 PM

He's Maltese :mellow:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2020, 01:14:23 PM
@Syt I wonder if you would think my accent is 'mobster'. :hmm:

The funny thing is, growing up in Philly a few times people asked me if I was someplace else.  A chick I went to high school with once asked me if I was originally from Texas. :huh:

I'd expect you to have a redneck accent. "Y'all" and stuff :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2020, 01:15:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2020, 01:13:37 PM

He's Maltese :mellow:

Ah ok. I thought he was a native Philadelphian.

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2020, 01:15:47 PM
What proposed Languish meet up? :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2020, 01:16:29 PM

He was pretty yankee when I met him.

But he may be overcompensating now that he moved southwards.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2020, 01:16:29 PM
Actually, I met up with a high school friend of mine in San Francisco a few years back, and within 30 seconds of us chatting he said "Wow, I can tell you live in the South now." :hmm:

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2020, 01:16:59 PM

It's OK Cal, he's cool.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2020, 01:16:59 PM

Malthus wants us all to go to Philly at some point when this pandemic is over. Or when Dorsey just convinces us all to ignore it.