Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HisMajestyBOB

Two years of McConnell blocking all of Biden's appointments, followed by the GOP taking the House in 2022 and picking up a seat in the Senate despite an unfavorable map. Yay.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on November 04, 2020, 03:13:47 PM
Apparently the Trump campaign are going hard at Fox and AP for calling Arizona for Biden and are demanding that call to be retracted.

I think they have an argument that they have a viable shot at winning, though they are a decided underdog.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 04, 2020, 03:16:41 PM
Two years of McConnell blocking all of Biden's appointments, followed by the GOP taking the House in 2022 and picking up a seat in the Senate despite an unfavorable map. Yay.

Aren't there one or two decent republicans who will allow rational stuff through?
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 03:19:39 PM

Aren't there one or two decent republicans who will allow rational stuff through?
:lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 03:17:27 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 04, 2020, 03:13:47 PM
Apparently the Trump campaign are going hard at Fox and AP for calling Arizona for Biden and are demanding that call to be retracted.

I think they have an argument that they have a viable shot at winning, though they are a decided underdog.
I agree, they actually do have a point here.  I guess that's one of their two times today.  Clearly the only reason Arizona stays called because it was already called.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 03:09:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 03:05:36 PM
Did Biden win all the electoral votes in Maine?  I can't find clear evidence of that on any of the news sites I've looked at (unlike Nebraska, where it's pretty clear he won Nebraska 2).

He has three so far. The other has not yet been called yet but the President is up.
:hmm: Is that sole electoral vote considered critical?  NE2 was being discussed as critical last night on CNN but I don't recall anyone talking about the Maine electoral vote.  Maybe because it was assumed Trump would win it, so no point discussing it?
no it is not
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Before the election, the Senate was 53-47.

Not to be negative, but right now the democrats seem likely to get 2 republican seats (Arizona and Colorado) while republicans seem likely to get 1 of theirs (Alabama).

Of the races still out there, only 3 seem up in the air: Michigan, which may be a republican pickup. And 2 georgia races that are going to be run again in January (most likely). They will be heavy underdogs in the georgia races.

So you are probably looking at 52 or 53 republicans in the senate. There is one moderate: Susan Collins. They will probably keep the filibuster, so getting anything done will require 60 votes/12 or 13 republican senators except for judicial confirmations or budget items.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

viper37

There was all this talk on how maybe Texas would flip this year, or if not, it would definately flip blue by the next presidential election.

Looking at  results:
Prez 2016:
GOP: 52.23%
DEM: 43.24%

Prez 2020:
GOP: 52.2%
DEM: 46.3%

Senate 2012:
GOP: 56,5%
DEM: 40.6%

Senate 2018:
GOP: 50,9%
DEM: 48.3%

Senate 2020
GOP: 53.6%
DEM: 43.7%
(with 97% of the vote so far)

Am I missing something?  This State seems to have been an anomaly in 2018, but otherwise, it's been solidly Republican since about the time I started following US politics (mid 1st to 2nd Clinton mandate).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Were you, by any chance, living on Mars during the last decade? ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on November 04, 2020, 03:27:45 PM

Were you, by any chance, living on Mars during the last decade? ;)
I recall one voting for the impeachment and hasn't one (two?) of the recently elected ones managed to do so specifically due to distancing themself from trumps shit?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

And honestly, I find these results disapointing.  I really thought I was wrong and Donald Trump would be just a blip on the US political map, but über patriotism and insanity is the future of American politics, I guess.  Too many people like this style of politics, all in the Twitter rage, none on the actions.  People are so easily seduced by a sweet talker that it's depressing.  I fear this model is slowly getting imported over here. :(

Caliga

@viper Nope, you're not, it doesn't look like it'll flip soon.

Supposedly the Biden campaign didn't think Texas could possibly flip and he didn't spent much or any time campaigning there, though they did send Kamala.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 03:29:45 PM
I recall one voting for the impeachment and hasn't one (two?) of the recently elected ones managed to do so specifically due to distancing themself from trumps shit?
Romney, and Romney is a decent guy but he's also a hardcore conservative (he's Mormon).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

I really need to take a nap, but I'm scared to wake up and find that actually Wisconsin went to Trump, or something like that.