Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 04:21:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 04:19:44 PM
CNN just called Michigan for Biden.

I am not sure what is going on in Nevada and Arizona. Are they counting in secret or something? I am not seeing updated vote counts anywhere.

I so hope this comes down to Arizona putting their thumb down to Trump.

It would be better if Biden decisively wins Pennsylvania and also pulls out a state like Georgia so that it doesn't come down to any one state.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Nevada officials said no updates until tomorrow noon EST, late last night.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2020, 04:36:53 PM

So November 5th at noon?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 04:36:52 PM

I am not sure what is going on in Nevada and Arizona. Are they counting in secret or something? I am not seeing updated vote counts anywhere.

It would be better if Biden decisively wins Pennsylvania and also pulls out a state like Georgia so that it doesn't come down to any one state.

Yeah what is going on in Atlanta? When do they project to have all the votes counted?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 04:38:30 PM

So November 5th at noon?

Yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

alfred russel

That really is bullshit. My brother works as the controller of a manufacturing company out in the sticks, and he is saying the workforce is becoming more and more angry as the day progresses "because of the voter fraud giving Biden the lead". He added he works with dumbasses.

It is destabilizing to have this drag out. Maybe if we had invested in education 20 years ago, people would understand and respond maturely, but we didn't. If Florida can learn how to count quickly, other states can too.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 04:39:03 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 04:36:52 PM

Yeah what is going on in Atlanta? When do they project to have all the votes counted?

Well, they fixed the water main break, but then the power went out. They got the power restored, but a tiger escaped from the zoo and is loose among the ballots. So maybe after that, they'll have results?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Nevada is strange to me... the margin looks razor thin there (~8K votes) but almost since polls closed, AP has had it leaning toward Trump even with a ton of outstanding votes to be counted and very few updates all day.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2020, 04:39:03 PM

Not sure...earlier today the AJC said that they could wrap up by the end of the day, but I haven't seen anything sense then. Knowing the way this place works, if they say "the end of the day", that could be the case, or it could be early december.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 04:41:03 PM

That really is bullshit. My brother works as the controller of a manufacturing company out in the sticks, and he is saying the workforce is becoming more and more angry as the day progresses "because of the voter fraud giving Biden the lead". He added he works with dumbasses.

It is destabilizing to have this drag out. Maybe if we had invested in education 20 years ago, people would understand and respond maturely, but we didn't. If Florida can learn how to count quickly, other states can too.

In multiple states (not sure about NV, but PA is one), there are laws courtesy of the GOP that forbid early counting of mail-in votes, and they do it entirely to discredit the process.

Caliga

@AR Southerners are lazy, duh. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 04, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

In multiple states (not sure about NV, but PA is one), there are laws courtesy of the GOP that forbid early counting of mail-in votes, and they do it entirely to discredit the process.

That doesn't seem entirely fair. I mean, Democrats are using mail in ballots disproporationately, so they are likely ahead in early votes, which if leaked could hurt Republican turnout.

Anyway, on Georgia, vote counting is really a local matter and they aren't required to be completed until the 13th. But the secretary of state is asking them to move quickly and finish today.

A true final count doesn't seem possible until Friday, because ballots with defects can be cured until then.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 04:51:44 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 04, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

That doesn't seem entirely fair. I mean, Democrats are using mail in ballots disproporationately, so they are likely ahead in early votes, which if leaked could hurt Republican turnout.

Anyway, on Georgia, vote counting is really a local matter and they aren't required to be completed until the 13th. But the secretary of state is asking them to move quickly and finish today.

A true final count doesn't seem possible until Friday, because ballots with defects can be cured until then.

Florida counts as they come in, which is why they can report so quickly. They do report party affiliation of people who have voted so far (I think, I saw those numbers in tweets and don't recall the source). Dem dominated mail in ballots don't appear to have suppressed the GOP in FL, nor does it look like there was any leak of results, so that seems to be a pretty minor problem. Better to allow states to count ballots early so we can get faster results.

Maladict

Can Biden resign the Paris Accord without Senate support?