And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

alfred russel

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/6157997002

Arizona Republic is estimating "at least" 600,000 ballots in Arizona to be counted, as of 11am today.

These are mostly early ballots that were sent in the last couple of days and early ballots dropped off on election day. Trump is still about 91k behind, but that is a big number.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

guys, i just realized what is going to happen...Trump pulls out Arizona and Pennsylvania. Georgia goes to Biden.

269-269.

The whole year has been set up for this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 04, 2020, 06:12:51 PM
guys, i just realized what is going to happen...Trump pulls out Arizona and Pennsylvania. Georgia goes to Biden.

269-269.

Dude, do you you really think it's in your interest for me to drop dead of a stroke?

Caliga

So to touch on another topic I brought up earlier, weed has been legalized in:

* Arizona
* New Jersey
* Montana
* South Dakota
* Mississippi (medical)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Biden is making the website for his transition public already.

https://buildbackbetter.com/

QuoteThe American people will determine who will serve as the next President of the United States. Votes are still being counted in several states around the country. The crises facing the country are severe — from a pandemic to an economic recession, climate change to racial injustice — and the transition team will continue preparing at full speed so that the Biden‑Harris Administration can hit the ground running on Day One.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 05:56:57 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 05:53:04 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 05:52:22 PM
Nevada gives me the heeby jeebies.
Las Vegas is just so Trump.
Did you explain why you asserted this earlier? :hmm:  I don't know why you think Vegas is 'so Trump'.

Fake. Vulgar.
Gambling, sex work, and tacky hotels.
A poor man's vision of wealth and success.
They just seem so made for each other.

It's a Trumper's version of holidaying in Paris, yes. But they don't necessarily live there.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

It seems Biden's team is absolutely convinced they won.  I also don't believe they are filing any nuisance lawsuits like Trump's team is, which is pretty telling.

The Larch

From Vanity Fair:

QuoteAccording to a source, Trump phoned Rupert Murdoch to scream about Fox calling Arizona for Joe Biden and demanded a retraction. Murdoch refused, and the call stood

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2020, 06:14:50 PM

269-269.

Dude, do you you really think it's in your interest for me to drop dead of a stroke?

Can he do it without injuring the body?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

269-269.

What would happen if that's the case? Or rather--what is supposed to happen?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2020, 06:26:58 PM
What would happen if that's the case? Or rather--what is supposed to happen?
It's kind of fucked up.  The House of Representatives votes to decide the election, but each state delegation gets one vote.  Yes, that means Wyoming has as much power in that vote as California does.  I guess the delegates get together and vote, and then whomever wins that vote puts one vote in the hat for Trump or Biden.

Berkut

Biden will end up with 306 at the end.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Trump and Biden. Pistols at dawn.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on November 04, 2020, 06:26:37 PM
From Vanity Fair:

QuoteAccording to a source, Trump phoned Rupert Murdoch to scream about Fox calling Arizona for Joe Biden and demanded a retraction. Murdoch refused, and the call stood

"According to a source"...

The thing I don't get is why this matters. They are going to count the votes in Arizona. If Fox was right, Trump will lose. If Fox is wrong, he will win. If there is some point that requires litigation, whether Fox "called" the state is irrelevant.