News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania won't be known till tomorrow night at earliest.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HisMajestyBOB

But do mail-in votes counted after Election Day actually count?  :hmm:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

katmai

And senate let's see how Iowa, Maine, Montana and Arizona go.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Last update from me (on the phone and in bed already  :lol: )

Idaho called for Trump, California, Oregon and Washington for Biden.

merithyn

I'm disgusted that it wasn't such a blow-out that there would be no question tonight. I know, wishful thinking. But still....I just wanted to think better of my country. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

What a shitshow.  Good grief.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 11:41:08 PM
What a shitshow.  Good grief.
Yep and it feels very likely that lots will be going to the courts :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

The Democrat leadership was so ill-equipped, and ill-chosen, for this moment. I will never understand how they have squandered so much time. And ordinary Democrats have also been  astonishingly passive, in the face of the threat.
Que le grand cric me croque !

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Oexmelin

True. Giving money =/= activism.

Syt

I am dismayed that millions of Americans look at Trump's performance these last 4 years and think, "Yup, I'd like me some more of that."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

It looks like Trump is ahead in most battleground states.  So it may well rain in downtown Lo's Angeles after all.

The Minsky Moment

I'm dismayed that even one American would say that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

The major repudiation of Trump was the dream and the dream died.

I mean, Biden may still probably win this but Trumpism itself will still have legs to stand on.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Oexmelin

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 04, 2020, 12:06:31 AM
The major repudiation of Trump was the dream and the dream died.

I mean, Biden may still probably win this but Trumpian itself will still have legs to stand on.

I hoped Biden would win, but Trumpism was not an accident. I thought this, at least, was clear. But I now have to come to the conclusion that, for many, the lessons of 2016 have not been drawn. At all. To think that Trumpism was an accident was to think that the wrong would correct itself magically. Even RBG seemed to think that. One could thus simply wait for the election. No need to do anything more.