And we're back!

Main Menu

Spain on video - how close to reality?

Started by merithyn, August 05, 2020, 08:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2020, 04:09:30 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2020, 03:21:11 PM
I'm a "sincebollista" that tolerates the opposite option.  :)

Another fault line is the degree of doneness. Does it have to be fully solid or can it be runny?
I am very much an interloper in this debate - but fully solid. It's not a French omelette which is all about runniness <_<

Santa Cruz omelettes are not runny, but they do have a variety of interesting vegetables in them...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Oexmelin

Quote from: Iormlund on August 06, 2020, 02:13:00 AM
It's also true that Spain is fairly noisy. And immigration has turned it to eleven. Personally I hate it. It's the reason why I'm planning to move (COVID permitting).

Why has immigration made Spain noisier?
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Larch

Quote from: Iormlund on August 06, 2020, 04:04:55 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2020, 03:21:11 PM
I'm a "sincebollista" that tolerates the opposite option.  :)

Another fault line is the degree of doneness. Does it have to be fully solid or can it be runny?

I get genuine nausea when that shit's not done properly.  :x

Heh, there's a place in Betanzos that claims to make the "perfect" tortilla that makes it so runny it's basically liquid.  :lol:

Iormlund

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 06, 2020, 05:07:46 PM

Admittedly that assertion comes from mere anecdotal experience. Basically in my experience we (in the north of Spain) are generally noisier than Germans, and less so than southern Spaniards and immigrants.

merithyn

Quote from: Iormlund on August 06, 2020, 06:00:40 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on August 06, 2020, 05:07:46 PM

Admittedly that assertion comes from mere anecdotal experience. Basically in my experience we (in the north of Spain) are generally noisier than Germans, and less so than southern Spaniards and immigrants.

How noisy compared to Americans? :unsure:

I've heard that we are particularly loud compared to most European countries.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maladict

Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2020, 06:47:40 PM

I've heard that we are particularly loud compared to most European countries.

In my experience it's mostly Americans amongst themselves. An American abroad will fit in more or less fine, but somehow the volume get dialed up when talking to other Americans.

celedhring

Proper tortilla is with onion and runny (but not excessively so, the point is to give it a softer texture). People that believe otherwise should be burnt at stake for their culinary sins.

Admiral Yi

The tortillas I've eaten have been firm and they were ossum.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2020, 11:39:58 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2020, 11:34:50 AM
I looked it up. I don't eat onions, so that's a simple answer for me. ALWAYS sincebollista in pretty much everything... which Toni is well aware of. :lol:
A map of a poll to help narrow down your housing choices then :lol:

I love that site, it's a poll aggregator but they also run a shitload of funny/absurd polls themselves.

Another important thing to take into account when it comes to Spanish clichés, is the north/south flamenco divide:

Sheilbh

Really intrigued by La Rioja being so different than everyone around it :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Another poll from that site that is also relevant, nobody in Spain likes bullfighting very much:

And there's a real political divide on the topic:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on August 07, 2020, 05:24:25 AM
Proper tortilla is with onion and runny (but not excessively so, the point is to give it a softer texture). People that believe otherwise should be burnt at stake for their culinary sins.

I eat tortilhas/omeletes with potatoes, presunto, salsa (perejil/parsley) and onions (no overdose though).  :P
Not so much during the summer.

This may be close to what Spaniards call Tortilla a la paisana.

Looks close anyways:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortilla_paisana