News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Spain on video - how close to reality?

Started by merithyn, August 05, 2020, 08:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Usually barefoot in the summertime, warm socks in the wintertime.

Barrister

This just makes me sad that thanks to Covid we were originally going to have a Spanish boy at our house this year - but no more. :(

The two Spanish girls we had at our house were a delight to have around though, even though they came from completely different parts of the country, and had completely different personalities.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Okay, wait. What is a "tortilla" in Spain? Because what they just ate looked like a piece of cake, not a tortilla as I know them. :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2020, 11:04:43 AM
Okay, wait. What is a "tortilla" in Spain? Because what they just ate looked like a piece of cake, not a tortilla as I know them. :unsure:
Once you move to Spain you will have to identify which football team you want to support and, more contentiously, if you are a concebollista or a sincebollista. These are very much "Sliding Doors" type decisions :o

The wonderful Felicity Cloake did a version recently - and they are fun to make but I have accidentlaly had to make enormous ones due to over-ambition not having an appropriately sized frying pan :blush:
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/jul/22/how-to-make-spanish-omelette-tortilla-recipe-felicity-cloake
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2020, 11:13:38 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2020, 11:04:43 AM
Once you move to Spain you will have to identify which football team you want to support and, more contentiously, if you are a concebollista or a sincebollista. These are very much "Sliding Doors" type decisions :o

The wonderful Felicity Cloake did a version recently - and they are fun to make but I have accidentlaly had to make enormous ones due to over-ambition not having an appropriately sized frying pan :blush:
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/jul/22/how-to-make-spanish-omelette-tortilla-recipe-felicity-cloake

Meri doesn't have to decide...it will definitely be a sincebollista.  :P

merithyn

merithyn

I looked it up. I don't eat onions, so that's a simple answer for me. ALWAYS sincebollista in pretty much everything... which Toni is well aware of. :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on August 06, 2020, 11:34:50 AM
I looked it up. I don't eat onions, so that's a simple answer for me. ALWAYS sincebollista in pretty much everything... which Toni is well aware of. :lol:
A map of a poll to help narrow down your housing choices then :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Especially as I am all about them onions.  :sleep:

merithyn

Perfect. :) That's where I'm looking, anyway.

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 06, 2020, 11:44:23 AM

Especially as I am all about them onions.  :sleep:

Totally made "let me taste that" not a thing when we went out for food. :lmfao:

Iormlund

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2020, 11:13:38 AM
... more contentiously, if you are a concebollista or a sincebollista. These are very much "Sliding Doors" type decisions :o

So true.  :lmfao:

I'm a 'sin cebolla' fan drowning in a sea of heathens.

The Larch

I'm a "sincebollista" that tolerates the opposite option.  :)

Another fault line is the degree of doneness. Does it have to be fully solid or can it be runny?

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2020, 03:21:11 PM

Another fault line is the degree of doneness. Does it have to be fully solid or can it be runny?

I get genuine nausea when that shit's not done properly.  :x

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2020, 03:21:11 PM

I am very much an interloper in this debate - but fully solid. It's not a French omelette which is all about runniness <_<
Let's bomb Russia!