News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lockdown Projects

Started by Sheilbh, April 01, 2020, 05:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I mentioned in the wider coronavirus thread that I was starting to feel a little aimless and demotivated in just wandering through TV shows/video games/movies/books without any real focus during the lockdown. In my defence, because of a recent injury, I have basically been socially distancing in my flat for 8 weeks already.

So I'm probably going to try some sort of project with a bit of structure just to slightly organise the huge amount of free time rattling around my flat I have and wondered if anyone has started anything like this during lockdown?

Has anyone decided to get into sourdough starters? Or finish the "great book" you could never get into? Or complete Gossip Girl?

(I may steal your ideas :ph34r:)

So far I've got back into cooking (invariably batch cooking). But that doesn't count.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Finish a spec script I've had in the backburner for the last 4-5 years.

Monoriu

I played Fallout 4 on survival difficulty. 

It is great fun. 

Tamas

I am still working, just from home, so that's plenty.

Gups

Not getting sucked into a perpetual round of video conferences.

Grey Fox

Schooling my kids while also working full time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

I might start learning German.

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on April 01, 2020, 06:05:55 AM
Viel Erfolg!

I might restart Duolingo for Spanish. And I am adding bits and pieces to my new apartment (bought some plants, some furniture pieces, pictures etc.).

My work will likely resume next Monday (from home), which will keep me busy. I also have to work through a time intensive online training for work.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on April 01, 2020, 05:55:39 AM
Not getting sucked into a perpetual round of video conferences.

Amen.

Iormlund

Getting my feet wet with Machine Learning.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on April 01, 2020, 06:20:14 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 01, 2020, 06:05:55 AM
Viel Erfolg!

I might restart Duolingo for Spanish.

Let's do a language exchange!  :w00t:

Syt

I have less time working from home than normally, thanks to work impinging more on my free time, and often having to do a few things on Fridays, too (my day off).

I'm still trying to get my free time organized. I have phases where I get absorbed by a topic for a a few years before burning out and moving on. Examples: pro baseball, streaming, writing ... 

Still trying to land on a new one. :D

In the pipeline are currently 3D modeling, learning Latin, and about 2 dozen different games I desperately want to learn/try. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

mongers

Watching my toenails grow.

Good topic,Shelf; I should have a think*.

Oh that's an idea, taking up thinking.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

So far my only lockdown project has been thinking about all the lockdown projects I'd be able to do.  :( For some reason it's even more difficult getting started on them now than it is in normal times.  I guess the proximity of work to your home makes it hard to coherently structure and compartmentalize your day.