News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lockdown Projects

Started by Sheilbh, April 01, 2020, 05:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Almost time to plant all the seedlings I've had in the living room for months. The tomatoes are over a foot high already, but the weather just hasn't been there yet. Once it starts, I'll have plenty to do for a while.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: KRonn on April 03, 2020, 06:13:37 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 01, 2020, 02:13:13 PM
I'm working on five historical book recreations, making three dresses, and one skirt.

Mostly, I'm just cooking and baking, though. :blush:

Those are relaxing and productive projects! :) I have a sewing machine at the house but never really learned to use it much.

I'd be happy to give you a tutorial on making masks, if you're interested. :) Or anything else, really. I've been sewing for a really long while. Most beginner things I can handle. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

My project has started. Picked up the keys to my new h ouse on Wed, first day of cleaning today. The lockdown has disrupted my big plans but there's a fair bit I want to do to the garden in particular. And finally start home brewing
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: Tyr on April 10, 2020, 11:12:51 AM
My project has started. Picked up the keys to my new h ouse on Wed, first day of cleaning today. The lockdown has disrupted my big plans but there's a fair bit I want to do to the garden in particular. And finally start home brewing

Congrats!! :w00t:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Well, I've fallen back on a staple. :lol:

Renault FT-17:

M7 Priest:

Still to go: A7V, KV-2, T-72 M1, Leopard 2A4.  :blush:

And I just realized that I messed up the rear hatch (you shouldn't see the row of studs). Slight disassembly required  :lol: :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I like the photography Syt.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2020, 04:40:02 AM
I like the photography Syt.

Thanks. Fixed the back end in the meantime.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

You must have a pretty big place to have shelves for all these.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Finished the A7V. This was a lot of fun to build. And it's satisfying how the sides fit nicely into place.

I have to change the settings on my cam, this looks weirdly proportioned.

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

These look great, I wish I had more space but it's already taken up by Star Wars legos  :blush:

Do they have a Mark VII or similar? I could use it for an Indiana Jones diorama  :nerd:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 12, 2020, 05:53:27 AM
These look great, I wish I had more space but it's already taken up by Star Wars legos  :blush:

Do they have a Mark VII or similar? I could use it for an Indiana Jones diorama  :nerd:

They have a Mk. I:

You'd have to add the turret (much like the props department for Last Crusade did).

Or you copy this:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

First model in 25 years or so, paint skills need some work :lol: