:cool:

Excellent Mal. Fiat something G2000 ??? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on April 12, 2020, 10:17:48 AM
First model in 25 years or so, paint skills need some work :lol:

Nice work. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Macchi C.205

This was a warmup, now on to ships.

Syt

Finished the KV-2. Such a beautiful tank. :wub:

I saw that Cobi had a KV-2 in their collection before, but it appears they've added detail since then.

Comparison old:

New:

Unfortunately, though, this is part of their World of Tanks series, which means that instead of the high quality prints you get on their usual models, you're left with inferior stickers for "customization." <_<

The plane models I have from them had the same issue, but it seems that with newer models they're also replacing stickers with prints. :thumbsup:

Anyways, this was again a lot of fun. Suggestion if you build one of their tanks - do the tracks first. It's by far the most tedious/mind numbing thing about these sets. They have 3 sizes of tracks - small, medium, large. The large ones (like on this one, or the Tiger) are easy enough, but the other two can be fiddly (esp. when you have to assemble 50 of them into one track), and on some models the tracks are really tight on the wheels, so closing them on the model can be a bit annoying. The Hetzer and Pz-IV were the worst. I tried adding a link to the chain, but then it would be too long. <_<

Note that of the 595 pieces in this model, about 100 are tracks and wheels (70 track links, 12 wheels, with 12 rubber rims, plus 12 inner wheels).

Anyways, here's the model:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Working on my new place. Tore apart the master bedroom, hacking into the void above the stairs that so many houses waste, found this awesome retro wallpaper.

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

That wallpaper's magnificent! :o :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Never really figured either of you to go gaga over floral print.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Cool projects and model pics, enjoy! I went to clear out my five earth boxes in a corner of my garden, and after doing so I decided to plant cool weather broccoli and cauliflower. It might be early but I think they should do ok. If no, I can replant in a couple weeks. Later I'll plant a couple rows of heat tolerant varieties of the same veggies. Just planting a small garden this year. Going to fertilize much of the garden soil  and give it a rest for a year.

mongers

I'm attempting to not buy anything on-line, especially from Amazon as I don't know the safety condition the warehouse workers are labouring under.

So I'm trying to make do and mending stuff:

Over the weekend, I had to repair a tyre for a dog pram, yes I thought that too, obviously the shops/online are closed for the 4 day holiday, so I took an old 27 inch bike tyre, stripped it off of it's wire beading, a difficult job.  And then I fed that inside the small 16 inch tyre wrapping it in on itself a couple of times, makes quite a good solid tyre with a little give.

Need a pair of shoes I could keep solely outside and use only for going into shops in the town, found some nice walking books but with a largely detached sole, glued it back on with a weird glue I found, stuck a old mallet inside the shoe for weight and 24 hours later I've got something usable.

Next up, found an old interview suit, I may need this, but no dry cleaners open, so I shall attempt to lightly wash it and hang it to dry, should be an interesting experiment.  :D

HisMajestyBOB

I've just ordered a Raspberry Pi kit to play around with and create a file server. I'm holding off on getting more until I play with this one first.

I also created a partition on my drive to install Linux (Debian) and mess with that. Needed to order a USB flash drive because the only one I could find no longer works.

Not having to commute or go out shopping is giving me a lot more time, even though I also spend most of it with my son.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on April 12, 2020, 10:17:48 AM
First model in 25 years or so, paint skills need some work :lol:

:w00t: Sweet!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2020, 09:42:46 AM
I'm attempting to not buy anything on-line, especially from Amazon as I don't know the safety condition the warehouse workers are labouring under.

Over the weekend, I had to repair a tyre for a dog pram, yes I thought that too, obviously the shops/online are closed for the 4 day holiday, so I took an old 27 inch bike tyre, stripped it off of it's wire beading, a difficult job.  And then I fed that inside the small 16 inch tyre wrapping it in on itself a couple of times, makes quite a good solid tyre with a little give.

Need a pair of shoes I could keep solely outside and use only for going into shops in the town, found some nice walking books but with a largely detached sole, glued it back on with a weird glue I found, stuck a old mallet inside the shoe for weight and 24 hours later I've got something usable.

Next up, found an old interview suit, I may need this, but no dry cleaners open, so I shall attempt to lightly wash it and hang it to dry, should be an interesting experiment.  :D

Good stuff, mending things is becoming an endangered skill.

KRonn

Quote from: Maladict on April 16, 2020, 03:58:24 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2020, 09:42:46 AM

Good stuff, mending things is becoming an endangered skill.

Quite true! I remember as a kid my mother would repair holes in socks, and patches in pants were common. Holes in shirts were stitched up, etc. But they grew up during the depression so that all was necessary and normal for them.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 21, 2020, 09:35:59 AM

Quite true! I remember as a kid my mother would repair holes in socks, and patches in pants were common. Holes in shirts were stitched up, etc. But they grew up during the depression so that all was necessary and normal for them.

Indeed KRonn, I think that attitude and those sorts of skills will be needed again in our post-virus world.

In some parts of the North here, the expression was/is 'From clogs to clogs in three generations'*

* the expression no doubt will turn out to be entirely made up, sometime in the 1970s/80s.