News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

The NY Post is a junk paper right?
Saw an article from it just now.... About how corona is going to peak and decline soon... Fair enough.... But its a lot less bad than flu apparently :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

It's a tabloid.

That Belgian beer festival looks like the place to be.

Syt

Apparently, Trump says if states want the federal government to be a good partner to them in fighting coronavirus, "they have to treat us well." Reference to his long standing antagonistic relationship with NY?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
Saw an article from it just now.... About how corona is going to peak and decline soon... Fair enough.... But its a lot less bad than flu apparently :bleeding:

Newscorp, part of the Murdock empire and so an unofficial organ of the state.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
Is that the article Trump retweeted?
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2020, 04:07:51 PM
It's a tabloid.
It's not just a tabloid, it's a Murdoch tabloid.  They're on distribution list of all the usual Fox talking points.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Erm. WTF, America?
QuoteOne person tests positive for COVID-19 after attending 'coronavirus party,' Beshear says
https://eu.courier-journal.com/story/news/2020/03/24/coronavirus-kentucky-one-ill-after-coronavirus-party-beshear-says/2911870001/

Edit: Why can't people just grow up and take this seriously already :blink: :bleeding:

Edit: Fully support all governments engaging in a mass: "Stop titting about" advertising campaign.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

I think one of the people under police watch for having COVID-19 and refusing to stay under quarantine is from Kentucky, too.

Morons. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

Good and bad news. Good is that initial reports are that the virus is stable which increases chance of people developing immunity and of developing a vaccine.

Bad is that Singapore has joined Hong Kong and had to re-impose controls after it appears that they're getting another wave of infections.

Edit: Oh and Brits:
https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Can sign up to be an NHS volunteer. Depending on personal situation can do stuff like:
Community Response volunteer: This role involves collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home.
Patient Transport volunteer: This role supports the NHS by providing transport to patients who are medically fit for discharge, and ensuring that they are settled safely back in to their home.
NHS Transport volunteer: This role involves transporting equipment, supplies and/or medication between NHS services and sites, it may also involve assisting pharmacies with medication delivery.
Check-in and Chat volunteer: This role provides short-term telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness as a consequence of self-isolation.

I think they've other roles too - such as translators.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Wow. Just this morning I was talking to someone about how it may be better get it now and said "well at least nobody is having chicken pox parties".
But of course it was only a matter of time.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on March 24, 2020, 10:47:56 AM
Maybe you guys should start calling it the "Washingtonian Virus".
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 24, 2020, 10:47:56 AM

We try not to follow the worst of what you have become.
the essence of being Canadian:  We're not Americans dammit! :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on March 24, 2020, 01:31:47 PM
I've talked to the couple doctors I know about maybe being able to help out, but I don't think there is any use for me. :( It would sure beat sitting at home.

Well that was good of you AR.

And I fear* you'll be need.

* edit:
yes I know that sounds wrong, but you get the drift.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on March 24, 2020, 06:20:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 24, 2020, 10:47:56 AM
Maybe you guys should start calling it the "Washingtonian Virus".

We try not to follow the worst of what you have become.
the essence of being Canadian:  We're not Americans dammit! :D

I like this edit.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?