News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Naked Wines - a wine delivery company in the UK - have had to temporarily "pause" deliveries after an unprecedented surge of orders :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Wine aisles in my neighborhood supermarkets are disappointingly full. Meanwhile toilet paper...

When did we fail as society?

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2020, 10:08:04 AM
Wine aisles in my neighborhood supermarkets are disappointingly full. Meanwhile toilet paper...

When did we fail as society?

I've heard that in some Madrid supermarkets the booze aisles are totally ransacked.  :lol:

celedhring

I bought a six pack of Corona. Because I'm silly like that. Then I have two bootles of white wine, two bottles of red wine. And a homemade Italian liquor that my uncle brought me from Milan *before* the outbreak.

Think I'm set for booze.

Sheilbh

I've got a couple of bottles of white wine and some spirits - joined a cocktail-making mailing list (Quarantinis) to learn a new drink each week to keep us all going in a festive spirit, plus I learned one useless cocktail working in a bar and would love a bit of a repertoire :lol:

Edit: Also my friends are already talking about setting up a skype dinner which will be interesting.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Local wineshop has emailed me with their "survival mixed case deal"  :cool:

Monoriu

I usually keep about 30 bottles of white wine at home. 

celedhring

How do you manage to store such a hoard in a Hong Kong apartment?  :hmm:

Monoriu

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2020, 10:20:50 AM
How do you manage to store such a hoard in a Hong Kong apartment?  :hmm:

Under the bed.  In the wardrobe.  Some cupboards.

Oh and a lot of those are dessert wines, which are a bit smaller than regular wine bottles.

Camerus

I stocked up 3 weeks ago.

I've now got:

4 red wine
3 white wihe
Ca. 40 bottles of beer
1.75 L of Ketel One vodka
Abour 300 ml of Buffalo Trace bourbon
750 ml of Hennessy (gift from ny father in law)

I feel ready.  :)

derspiess

My beer fridge is completely full, yet I keep buying carry-out growlers from local breweries to help them as much as I can.  And I have a few years' supply of bourbon at this point. 

Amazon delivered my monthly supply of toilet paper before the craziness hit, so we're okay on that.  And I keep pulling out barely-used bottles of hand sanitizer from past camping trips. 

Festung Spiess is in good shape so far.  Kids are surprisingly good about doing their schoolwork so far (Chromebooks got here from Amazon just in time).  I always work from home, so it's normal for me except for the added distractions.  My extrovert wife is not handling the work from home thing quite as well, but hopefully she'll adjust.

Only mistake I've made so far is not hiding the snacks :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I'd recently done a few runs so recently purchased 4 bottles of white wine, 1 bottle of red wine, 2 bottles of gins and bottle of vodka. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Still got half a jerrycan of aguardente (grape brandy) at my parents' place.
Bought cases of red and champagne last Saturday just in case at the supermarket (Wine Fair) for my parents and me and they got some wine deliveries.

Plus a few beers in the fridge, Paulaner and trappists.

Grey Fox

I have a lot of booze considering I do not drink.

I have 12 bottles of assorted hard liquor, 6 wine bottle & a 6 pack of craft beer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on March 18, 2020, 08:58:49 AM
Good stuff from the BBC, but also they needs to be more opportunities for sheer escapism from the enveloping crisis.

Not sure I could cope with any more public health advise programmes.

So not the time for Threads and the War Game to relativise?