News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Pharmacists are first-line health workers. They'll get all sorts of people who will drop by before showing up to the hospital. See: Zoupa's story. The WHO's recommendations are for the general public.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Threviel

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2020, 11:48:49 PM
Has anyone heard or read anything about false positives and false negatives?

Fate?
The initial tests made by the WHO were terrible. Only 30-50% accurate. This has since been fixed.

No idea if the US is currently also battling that problem in addition to supply problems.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Look at the bright side.  If this virus lasts several years, perhaps this will spur the development of robots that will help minimise human to human contact.  Imagine a robot delivering food to your home.  Much safer than a human who may carry the virus, right? 

Sheilbh

Sainsbury's have introduced rationing. Maximum of three item across all groceries, plus they're introducing "silver hour" for elderly shoppers and priority access for the elderly to delivery services.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on March 18, 2020, 04:33:37 AM
Look at the bright side.  If this virus lasts several years, perhaps this will spur the development of robots that will help minimise human to human contact.  Imagine a robot delivering food to your home.  Much safer than a human who may carry the virus, right? 

And the delivery men? What becomes of them?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on March 18, 2020, 05:02:07 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 18, 2020, 04:33:37 AM

And the delivery men? What becomes of them?

Design and maintenance of robots. 

Eddie Teach

Lots of people will be out of work, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 17, 2020, 10:24:02 PM
I can't decide whether it it because you are an asshole, or because you are full of shit.

Why not going for both?

Iormlund

Quote from: Monoriu on March 18, 2020, 05:09:40 AM
Design and maintenance of robots.
:lol:

Speaking as someone who works with robots, design is right off for 99% of the workforce. Basically loads of advanced mechanics, electronics, algebra and programming.

But even maintenance requires certain skills (mech, programming ...) and attributes (being a quick learner, very methodical, having strong work ethic) that are not universal.

garbon

Only packs of TP at Tesco available were 24 packs. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Camerus

I wonder what impact all this will have on the US-Mexican border? Trumpists may finally get something close to the level of border enforcement they've been dreaming about.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Camerus on March 18, 2020, 05:56:22 AM
I wonder what impact all this will have on the US-Mexican border? Trumpists may finally get something close to the level of border enforcement they've been dreaming about.
Mexico is considering closing the border given the situation in the US :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!