News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Everyone aged 65+ to stay indoors for the next 2-3 weeks in all of Lombardy (pop. 10 million).

Pedrito

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2020, 04:15:43 AM
This is supposed be number of cases in the Milan area:

As of yesterday these are the numbers of all Italy, not only the Milan area. In the Lombardy area the contagions are 984, with 32 deceased.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2020, 09:46:29 AM
Is it known yet whereabouts the 4 new UK cases are?

With one of the weekend new ones in Reading, I am nearly encircled :P
The four new English ones are Hertfordhire, Devon and Kent. All had recently returned from Northern Italy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

IIRC at least the second case in Hertfordshire, where I work. :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2020, 09:54:23 AM
Am I the only person here who has to count "one elephant, two elephant" to make sure I don't rush through counting seconds? :blush:

US seconds are "Mississippi" long.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

In German you often count seconds "einundzwanzig, zweiundzwanzig, dreiundzwanzig" etc. (21, 22, 23) which matches one second intervals quite nicely.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Interesting - asked to go to a meeting (which I can't because I'm trapped in the house anyway) and they've attached a questionnaire about my recent travels.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

It seems fairly certain to me that we will have a week or two of advisable work at home sometime before too long. Hope I can move house before then.
I don't see it working alas. You just know many will take this as an excuse to go to the beach.

Quote from: Syt on March 02, 2020, 10:30:30 AM
In German you often count seconds "einundzwanzig, zweiundzwanzig, dreiundzwanzig" etc. (21, 22, 23) which matches one second intervals quite nicely.

I was always taught to do this when I was a kid.
Led to intense confusion as to whether that meant saying one minute meant a minute had passed.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 01, 2020, 06:00:37 PM
The virus will be in both places anyway.

No kidding. Greece has a good medical system. I'd go because hopefully I wouldn't get seriously sick, and if I do, i'm indifferent to being in a hospital in Greece or the US.

If it was a trip to Nigeria or Cambodia, it would be a different scenario.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2020, 05:23:29 AM
I just wish they'd release an advise to reduce social contact already. At my job there's like 60 of us mostly from in and around London sitting in an air-conditioned space, and we could totally keep things going for a couple of weeks working from home.

Feels like being exposed needlessly.

Or I am just panicking.

Why do you need the government to act, then? If enough workers are worried, ask your company to act proactively.

Sheilbh

In religious crazies being crazy, a BJP MP has noted that when cow urine is sprayed it purifies an area and something similar could be done with cow dung. He proposes cow dung and urine to cure coronavirus.

Which is an opinion :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2020, 12:27:07 PM
In religious crazies being crazy, a BJP MP has noted that when cow urine is sprayed it purifies an area and something similar could be done with cow dung. He proposes cow dung and urine to cure coronavirus.

Which is an opinion :mellow:

Sorry, it has to be oil.

QuoteIs anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Admiral Yi

It would be awesome if India set up cow dung spraying devices at every airport to disinfect visitors.