Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on February 29, 2020, 01:53:54 AM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1233516512830459908?s=20

"We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical." -- The President of the United States of America.

The Jar Jar Binks of American presidents.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 29, 2020, 04:21:48 PM
Careful, Disney might sue.

They should.  Trump will talk tough when they file and then quietly settle a few months later.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Trump has clarified his claims that this is just a big hoax.  The disease is real, but he considers any criticism of him or the government's response a hoax.  As someone who neither stable or a genius that doesn't make any sense to me.  Maybe it does to you guys.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 29, 2020, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 29, 2020, 04:21:48 PM
Careful, Disney might sue.

They should.  Trump will talk tough when they file and then quietly settle a few months later.

I meant you, for defaming their property.  :D

PRC

dps

Quote from: PRC on February 29, 2020, 06:51:43 PM
Trump misidentified the US coronavirus victim who died, saying “she was a wonderful woman”.   It was in fact a man.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/trump-misidentifies-first-us-coronavirus-fatality-calling-man-a-wonderful-woman/

You know, I hate to give him any credit for not being malevolent, but when he does stuff like this you almost have to kind of figure he is just completely senile.

mongers

It seems to be taking off in a large number of countries now, meanwhile Boris Johnson takes a long weekend off, will have a chat around the cabinet table on Monday.

I wonder if his idol took any long weekend breaks during the summer of 1940?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

frunk

Quote from: dps on February 29, 2020, 07:12:11 PM
Trump misidentified the US coronavirus victim who died, saying "she was a wonderful woman".   It was in fact a man.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/trump-misidentifies-first-us-coronavirus-fatality-calling-man-a-wonderful-woman/

You know, I hate to give him any credit for not being malevolent, but when he does stuff like this you almost have to kind of figure he is just completely senile.

I love giving him credit like this (25th Amendment).

Eddie Teach

Pence and the cabinet are too chicken for that.

dps

Quote from: frunk on February 29, 2020, 09:14:35 PM
Quote from: dps on February 29, 2020, 07:12:11 PM
Trump misidentified the US coronavirus victim who died, saying “she was a wonderful woman”.   It was in fact a man.

I love giving him credit like this (25th Amendment).

Well, apparently in this case, it wasn't Trump's fault.  When CDC officials briefed him and the VP, it seems that for some reason the CDC stated that the victim was female.

That the fault lies with the CDC and not with Trump really does little to assure me that we'll handle this well in the US.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on February 29, 2020, 10:58:55 PM
Well, apparently in this case, it wasn't Trump's fault.  When CDC officials briefed him and the VP, it seems that for some reason the CDC stated that the victim was female.

That the fault lies with the CDC and not with Trump really does little to assure me that we'll handle this well in the US.

Or, at least, that's what the director of the CDC is willing to say.  I'll bet there was no briefing about what a wonderful woman she was, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: mongers on February 29, 2020, 08:25:42 PM
It seems to be taking off in a large number of countries now, meanwhile Boris Johnson takes a long weekend off, will have a chat around the cabinet table on Monday.

I wonder if his idol took any long weekend breaks during the summer of 1940?
he's not planning to come back in the UK  :ph34r:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

As I understand the US fatality didn't travel and is unknown how he got the disease in Seattle.

Examples like this make me think its all over the place already and we will have a lot more cases very soon.