Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

A very big law firm in the City has closed and sent everyone home - about 1,000 staff. They had a member of staff whoe'd recently come back from Northern Italy who felt unwell.

Everyone working from home now.

I feel like a trend-setter living as a shut-in :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

It better not pick up this coming week in London. I'd like to get my relatives in and out for my wedding without incident. <_< -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: garbon on February 28, 2020, 06:38:53 AM
It better not pick up this coming week in London. I'd like to get my relative in and out for my wedding without incident. <_< -_-

Its a worry. I've postponed a trip to London just in case I get stranded there, which would be a dreadful nuisance as I'm needed here. I guess a lot of places that have been cursing tourists lately will find out what it is like without them.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I hope London has another eleven days if normalcy as I will be there next weekend...

DGuller

By the way, is there a business continuity plan for this forum?  What if our deal leader dies and is no longer capable of maintaining the server?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Hamilcar

Quote from: DGuller on February 28, 2020, 08:03:51 AM
By the way, is there a business continuity plan for this forum?  What if our deal leader dies and is no longer capable of maintaining the server?

Private Slack workspace? #corporate

mongers

South Korea coronavirus cases surge to 2,337

South Korea reported 571 new coronavirus cases on Friday, its biggest daily increase in infections that takes its total to 2,337, the largest outbreak outside China where the epidemic began late last year.

I think that's a greater number than all of China reported.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

First (known) British casualty, one from the quarantined cruise ship who had to stay in a Japanese hospital.

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on February 28, 2020, 08:47:39 AM

South Korea coronavirus cases surge to 2,337

South Korea reported 571 new coronavirus cases on Friday, its biggest daily increase in infections that takes its total to 2,337, the largest outbreak outside China where the epidemic began late last year.

I think that's a greater number than all of China reported.  :hmm:

I think it has long reached the stage where China will make very sure that no exact numbers get out.

Josquius

Switzerland has banned gatherings of over 1000 people and canceled the Geneva motor show.
The auto industry is not in for a good year
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Should we make a bet to see who's the first poster to get it?  :P