Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on February 26, 2020, 04:51:39 AM
Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2020, 03:05:55 AM
Spain will begin testing everybody that's been in a high-risk country in the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure we have the capability to do that? That must be thousands of people in the case of Italy.

I doubt it can be even known. Is it something mandatory or on a voluntary basis?

They're asking people coming from high-risk countries to contact their regional health service and submit for testing.

Tamas

No confirmed case in Hungary yet but I am increasingly certain that's because nobody bothers testing. :P

A high school class was sent home to self-isolate after returning from a trip in North Italy, as I understand after the insistent of a mother of a schoolkid there.

But, the men waterpolo team, also just returned from matches in North Italy, were allowed to continue training in one of the cities, in a public pool, no less. The city's mayor is a freshly elected opposition one, kept insisting they are kept away, so now they are, but they will be going to play a game in Budapest in a day or two. To be fair, they have been checked: they were handled a questionaire on return based on which their lack of infection was confirmed. :D

Zanza

One of the new cases in Germany is about half an hour away from me. It can only be a question of days until we have many cases like in Italy or South Korea. There must already be undetected infected persons here that are spreading the virus. The later they are found, the more contact with others they'll already have had.

Josquius

It's broken into Switzerland. To the national redoubt!
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 26, 2020, 07:06:31 AM
It's broken into Switzerland. To the national redoubt!

It's ok, it won't be a pandemic before enough of the half a billion dollars held in pandemic bonds mature.

Tamas

Quote from:  Donald J Trump Prezident of the US of ALow Ratings Fake News MSDNC (Comcast) & @CNN are doing everything possible to make the Caronavirus look as bad as possible, including panicking markets, if possible. Likewise their incompetent Do Nothing Democrat comrades are all talk, no action. USA in great shape!

That's that, then. Can somebody lock the thread please?

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure what he thinks he gains by downplaying the virus now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 26, 2020, 09:00:34 AM

He needs the market to be strong. A major market downturn will be blamed on him, just as he takes credit for a strong market. He assumes he can control the narrative and thus the market's reaction, whatever the actual facts happen to be.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Legbiter

Now is the time to stock up. Watching clips of Italians on social media punching each other in the supermarkets.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zanza

The two critical cases from yesterday in Germany are a couple. Both of course visited a carnival festival, multiple doctors and a hospital despite already having symptoms and she is a kindergarten teacher. In Southern Germany, we have already confirmed H2H transmission from the case yesterday to two other people he had contact with. I guess it will take another two or three days until the case numbers here explode.

PDH

I laid in my supply of eggs, milk, and bread.  I am ready to ride out the pandemic on my French Toast Cure.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on February 26, 2020, 10:32:30 AM
The two critical cases from yesterday in Germany are a couple. Both of course visited a carnival festival, multiple doctors and a hospital despite already having symptoms and she is a kindergarten teacher. In Southern Germany, we have already confirmed H2H transmission from the case yesterday to two other people he had contact with. I guess it will take another two or three days until the case numbers here explode.

We just had our first case of somebody getting it from an unknown source, so it will balloon over here in the coming days.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2020, 10:46:40 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 26, 2020, 10:32:30 AM

We just had our first case of somebody getting it from an unknown source, so it will balloon over here in the coming days.

They have had a couple of those in northern France as well.

Razgovory

Trump fears anything bad will reflect on him.  That's why you have servile senators claiming this is some sort of Chinese plot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 26, 2020, 10:58:28 AM

Trump fears anything bad will reflect on him.  That's why you have servile senators claiming this is some sort of Chinese plot.

He is currently bankrupting the country to try to keep the economy strong enough to get re-election. That is what this is about, himself. So what if many of us die?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."