US-Iran War Has Begun! Iran launches dozens of ballistic missiles!

Started by jimmy olsen, January 02, 2020, 07:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

There you go.  :hug:

Now all we have to do is getting rid of / survive this impending war.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Valmy

It is so weird how disconnected and apathetic I feel about all of this. I am so alienated from the current President that I react emotionally like this is some foreign country doing this shit instead of mine.

Well here is hoping all of our service people get through this alright.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 07, 2020, 07:37:43 PM
Balloon's going up.

It's been an honor posting with y'all. Heading to my fallout shelter now and no internet 100 feet underground.

Do your duty!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

There are local unconfirmed reports that a third US base, Taji just north of Baghdad has been targeted.

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on January 07, 2020, 06:57:20 PM
Stupid overt move by Iran

It is a messed up world when we are depending on the Iranians to be the sane ones. 

jimmy olsen

Fuckin' yikes!

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1214716625674522624

QuoteIn its Telegram channel The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps says that in the event that Iranian soil is bombed, Iran will target the cities of Dubai, UAE and Haifa, Israel in the third wave of operations.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Those are some odd choices.

I can imagine some screaming matches going on between the White House and Pentagon about bombing 52 cultural sites.

Valmy

If the President did that he would succeed in making much of the world sympathetic to Iran and make us appear like barbarians.

That takes some work.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 07, 2020, 08:37:27 PM
If the President did that he would succeed in making much of the world sympathetic to Iran and make us appear like barbarians.

That takes some work.

You guys are pretty far along that road already under this President.

mongers

Watching Al Jazeera, their correspondent outside the White House said unconfirmed reports say aircraft have left Diego Garcia.   :hmm:

Given no civilian lives there or anywhere near, til a bomber overflies the Iranian coast, that report is just wild rumours or a significantly leak from someone in the know.  If true, isn't that likely to mean it's B2 bombers or a ''package' that's similarly powerful?

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2020, 08:36:23 PM

I can imagine some screaming matches going on between the White House and Pentagon about bombing 52 cultural sites.

Isn't that a war crime?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

It must be serious, as the BBC now has a live news page set up here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-51029181

Not saying who useful this will be.

KRonn

Pres Trump needs now to begin to de-escalate this. Yes, the Iranian General was a nasty dude, responsible for killing US and allied troops and running campaigns around the region. That said, I feel Trump was hasty in going after that guy as it would only cause escalations that can't be controlled. What's the end game if there's a major escalation? Now what is needed is some backing off and some intermediaries to try and cool things a bit. There's no way that I nor most Americans want to have a larger confrontation with Iran, and obviously a major war is out of the question. Pres Trump doesn't want it as he's been trying to get out of these entanglements. I fear that the war mongers in DC have been pushing for this, people like John Bolton and others. I've always wondered if they thought things out as to what the end game would be, even for a limited confrontation?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.