Nova Scotia shooting, at least 16 deaths

Started by viper37, April 19, 2020, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

theres also a picture going around from his highschool year book where it says he's likely to become a cop. so long standing obsession with cops. How that translates into killing people, not sure.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 20, 2020, 02:44:55 PM
theres also a picture going around from his highschool year book where it says he's likely to become a cop. so long standing obsession with cops. How that translates into killing people, not sure.

Perhaps some who fantasize about being cops aren't fantasizing about serving their community - they are fantasizing about having the power of life or death over others. The respect (and fear) of the uniform plays into that.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Who fantasizes about "serving their community?"  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

There's people who want to be heroes. Like firemen who start fires so they can then be the good guy putting them out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 20, 2020, 02:58:08 PM

The people who actually turn out to be good cops.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Most people who want to be cops fantasize about banging Alexandra Daddario. The shooter was a nutter.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Current count is up to 19 dead. He apparently shot the RCMP office in the chest, then pulled her out of her car and killed her execution-style.

Rampage started with his ex-wife and her new boyfriend.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 20, 2020, 02:58:08 PM

Uh, lots of people?  :huh:

There is a pretty notable desire to be a "good person", to help others by promoting justice, health and safety. It's a big motive for some at least to be cops, health care workers, firemen and women, give to charity, etc.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Maybe I should have put emphasis on the word "fantasizes".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on April 20, 2020, 03:18:34 PM
Current count is up to 19 dead. He apparently shot the RCMP office in the chest, then pulled her out of her car and killed her execution-style.

Rampage started with his ex-wife and her new boyfriend.

Jesus Christ
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."