Nova Scotia shooting, at least 16 deaths

Started by viper37, April 19, 2020, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Link
It's a small village, not far New Brunswick.
At least 10 dead, including one RCMP officer.  Another officer is injured. The perprator apparently stole his uniform/coat to flee or commit more murders.

Too early to talk of motives or anything else.  The shooter was found dead not long ago.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Give us a picture of the killer and we can make wild speculations about the motives.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fromtia

Yeah, pics! Pissed off white guy or beardy weirdy brown guy?
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Barrister

Details are still coming out.  Fatalities are now 13.

Weirdest part is this guy was dressed as a RCMP officer, had a car marked as a RCMP vehicle.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/rcmp-weapon-lockdown-portapique-1.5537598

Fuck this. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Shooter was a wealthy denturist from Nova Scotia. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

First time I have seen the word "denturist".  I put it into google translate.  The Chinese translation is the same as the Chinese term for "dentist". 

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 19, 2020, 05:07:36 PM
Give us a picture of the killer and we can make wild speculations about the motives.

See, he doesn't look like a psycho. ;)

Motives are unclear, at least some of the victims were randomed.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2020, 07:29:46 PM
Details are still coming out.  Fatalities are now 13.

Weirdest part is this guy was dressed as a RCMP officer, had a car marked as a RCMP vehicle.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/rcmp-weapon-lockdown-portapique-1.5537598

Fuck this. :(
On the news this morning, they didn't say he had a RCMP car, but that he had "a car ressembling a RCMP vehicle".  It's weird.  Makes me think he bought a regular car and painted it to the colours of a police vehicle.   :wacko:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on April 20, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 20, 2020, 05:43:10 AM
He did.

So very planned? As in, at least a week or more in advance.

The car and uniform certainly were planned.  Whether or not this spree was planned - we don't know.  Still very light on details.  Reporters obviously are not on the ground working the story so we're stuck waiting for official announcements about what happened.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on April 20, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 20, 2020, 05:43:10 AM
He did.

So very planned? As in, at least a week or more in advance.

According to what I read, the guy was "into" RCMP memorabilia. He deliberately went out and bought ex-police cars. He painted one up to look like the real thing.

He allegedly had a police uniform as well.

He had plenty of cash to fund his hobby - allegedly, he was a reasonably wealthy denturist. He made the news a while ago, in a philanthropic way - he provided free dentures to someone who lost their teeth due to some severe cancer drug therapy.

So, outwardly at least, a pillar of the community type, with maybe an eccentric interest in police stuff. Allegedly, he wrote in his school yearbook he wanted to be an RCMP officer ...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius