News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2024, 09:56:08 PMNot that surprising.

Maybe it should have been a made for streaming film. Plot felt tissue paper thin over multiple episodes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2024, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2024, 09:56:08 PMNot that surprising.

Maybe it should have been a made for streaming film. Plot felt tissue paper thin over multiple episodes.

They had some good ideas (and a lot of very bad ones lol) but it felt like a first draft that got green lit and then never revised. The writing was so very bad. Also, at 180 million I have to imagine there was some embezzlement going on :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Sophie Scholl

Seems odd that Disney hasn't released anything official yet about it being cancelled. It is all traced back to one Deadline article that only names "sources" for the information. It could very well be true, but it just seems odd. Especially when tie-in books, comics, and the like were just announced at D23.  :hmm:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 19, 2024, 09:47:08 PMNo Acolyte season 2.

That has been known, not officially I guess, for months

crazy canuck

I am not sure where they would have taken the story without having to rewrite the History of the High Republic, in the style of Oliver Stone.

Maybe that was the ChatGPT prompt the script writers used?

The Brain

I know almost nothing about The Acolyte. I randomly watched a YT video about an elevator door that was presented as stupid, and if the video didn't lie it did seem a bit silly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on August 20, 2024, 12:05:26 AMSeems odd that Disney hasn't released anything official yet about it being cancelled. It is all traced back to one Deadline article that only names "sources" for the information. It could very well be true, but it just seems odd. Especially when tie-in books, comics, and the like were just announced at D23.  :hmm:

Still no word from Disney, I don't think. If it was fake newsTM you'd think there'd be a rebuttal. As for the books and comics, those are much cheaper and less scrutinized.

HVC

Quote from: The Brain on August 21, 2024, 01:18:37 AMI know almost nothing about The Acolyte. I randomly watched a YT video about an elevator door that was presented as stupid, and if the video didn't lie it did seem a bit silly.

If that bothers you wait until you get to the magical fire in SW :ph34r:

Josquius

Somehow ended up in wrong thread
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

Pretty pumped. I'm going to see The Empire Strips Back tonight. They're an Australian based internationally touring burlesque trope that does a Star Wars themed show. I've been following them for years hoping they'd make it locally and they finally have! I plan on rocking a Naboo Handmaiden look when I go tonight. :cool:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.