News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

God has a sense of humor

Started by Ed Anger, July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdemar

Quote from: Jacob on July 21, 2009, 05:01:42 PM
If you like modern art (and I don't) you might want to treck to Louisiana, which apparently is pretty good for that sort of thing.

You'll probably want to avoid the National Museum as it's primarily about stone age junk and some bits about vikings (though it does have a couple of bog mummies which are kind of cool).

There's the Viking Ship museum in Roskilde which is cool if you want to look at some viking ships.  Less cool if viking ships do not interest you.

... as for the locals, they probably won't bother you unless you address them first so it could be safe to venture outside.  Denmark's pretty big on people minding their own damn business (on the streets, when it comes to politics and government, much less so but that won't impact you much other than the odd environmental surcharge).

The national museum has changed quite a bit since you lived here :)

If it isn't modern art, but more classical stuff then "Statens Museum for Kunst" and "Ny Carlsberg Glyptoteket" are good, if design is yuor thing then "Kunst og Industrimuseet" or "Danish Design Centre" would be good.

V

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 22, 2009, 03:01:26 AM
I don't approve of commutes that are longer than a 20-minute walk.

I object to walking.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 21, 2009, 06:21:16 PM
:bleeding:  I won't travel for three hours there and back unless I'm staying for the weekend :mellow:

Well I wouldn't do it everyday but taking day trips to San Antonio is not uncommon for me.

I was there for a party just last week actualy and I spent my Bachelor party in SA (so, you know, nobody would recognize us...)

I am too cheap usually to get a hotel for a place such a short trip from my house.  Being able to sleep in my own bead is worth a 1.5 hour trip in the evening.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

My commute consists of a 40 minute bus ride.  I sleep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 21, 2009, 10:51:18 AM
:cheers:

Maybe Viking could ambush Ed at the Airport.

the 6'6" 300lb hairy Icelandic guy can't ambush anybody :contract:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

That explains why you're unemployed then.  :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Barrister on July 22, 2009, 11:10:17 AM

Thus reducing the commute to an awe-inspiring 5 seconds  :D

The Brain

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 22, 2009, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 22, 2009, 11:10:17 AM

Thus reducing the commute to an awe-inspiring 5 seconds  :D

Don't you like commutism, citizen?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2009, 08:23:23 AM

I'll take a monster dump there and make the Copenhagen sewer system tremble.

Be sure to have a plunger nearby.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Iormlund on July 22, 2009, 03:55:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2009, 08:23:23 AM

I'll take a monster dump there and make the Copenhagen sewer system tremble.

Be sure to have a plunger nearby.

I'll do what I normally do, and leave it for the next person.

Jacob

You will provide us with an after the action report, I trust?  So we know exactly what you left for the next person?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on July 22, 2009, 04:24:21 PM
You will provide us with an after the action report, I trust?  So we know exactly what you left for the next person?

I'm not taking pictures of my turds. I won't go down that road.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM
Upcoming business trip: Copenhagen & Helsinki. Likely won't be able to skip this one. And to two of the most boring ass sounding cities imaginable.

NICE GOING FUNNY MAN. At least it is summer and not FUCKING JANUARY. Next, i'll be put on an Airbus and the tail will snap off.

:(

Heh, I was supposed to go to Venice for 2.5 weeks for a staff exercise but had to cancel for a higher priority 3-day Yearly Training Brief in Cleveland.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 22, 2009, 06:12:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM
Upcoming business trip: Copenhagen & Helsinki. Likely won't be able to skip this one. And to two of the most boring ass sounding cities imaginable.

NICE GOING FUNNY MAN. At least it is summer and not FUCKING JANUARY. Next, i'll be put on an Airbus and the tail will snap off.

:(

Heh, I was supposed to go to Venice for 2.5 weeks for a staff exercise but had to cancel for a higher priority 3-day Yearly Training Brief in Cleveland.
:pinchL