News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

God has a sense of humor

Started by Ed Anger, July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

So when are you coming and do you want to meet? I'm looking for another excuse to go to copenhagen.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 22, 2009, 06:12:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM
Upcoming business trip: Copenhagen & Helsinki. Likely won't be able to skip this one. And to two of the most boring ass sounding cities imaginable.

NICE GOING FUNNY MAN. At least it is summer and not FUCKING JANUARY. Next, i'll be put on an Airbus and the tail will snap off.

:(

Heh, I was supposed to go to Venice for 2.5 weeks for a staff exercise but had to cancel for a higher priority 3-day Yearly Training Brief in Cleveland.
Urban warfare in a hostile environment is more important than trying to convince a bunch of worthless Italians not to hate America.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on July 22, 2009, 06:59:28 PM
So when are you coming and do you want to meet? I'm looking for another excuse to go to copenhagen.
Ixnay on the meeting up.  He's a giant pussy who will never agree to meet anyone.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I have no desire to meet anyone. I despise idiotic small talk, meeting in bars or having my organs stolen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I have received my anti-smug shots. Also, I have my Airborne "Death from Above" t-shirt to wear over there ready.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2009, 07:51:06 AM
I have no desire to meet anyone. I despise idiotic small talk, meeting in bars or having my organs stolen.

If you met me we would have a long and detailed discussion of the glorious life and times of Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2009, 09:40:15 AM

If you met me we would have a long and detailed discussion of the glorious life and times of Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix.

You would use that as a ruse to talk about abortion, politics, or religion. I'm not falling for any tricks.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 06:46:08 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 22, 2009, 06:59:28 PM
Ixnay on the meeting up.  He's a giant pussy who will never agree to meet anyone.  :)

I predict he'll shock us all & agree to only meet Danish forum members.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2009, 09:42:07 AM
You would use that as a ruse to talk about abortion

Only in the sense that Gaius Marius should have been aborted.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Upcoming business trip: Copenhagen & Helsinki. Likely won't be able to skip this one. And to two of the most boring ass sounding cities imaginable.

NICE GOING FUNNY MAN. At least it is summer and not FUCKING JANUARY. Next, i'll be put on an Airbus and the tail will snap off.

Heh, I was supposed to go to Venice for 2.5 weeks for a staff exercise but had to cancel for a higher priority 3-day Yearly Training Brief in Cleveland.

Okay, you win.  Of all the crappy places I've been sent to, I've never had to go to Cleveland (save for my FBI Special Agent interview).  Not to mention getting screwed out of going to a place like Venice.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2009, 09:43:37 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2009, 09:42:07 AM
You would use that as a ruse to talk about abortion

Only in the sense that Gaius Marius should have been aborted.

Please subscribe me to your newsletter.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 09:45:25 AM(save for my FBI Special Agent interview).
Elaborate.

When I was younger I looked into this very briefly but I wouldn't have even attempted it unless they could GUARANTEE me I could work on the X-Files. :area52:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 09:45:25 AM

Okay, you win.  Of all the crappy places I've been sent to, I've never had to go to Cleveland (save for my FBI Special Agent interview).  Not to mention getting screwed out of going to a place like Venice.

Oh please.  Cleveland is still a big city with nice hotels, restaurants, bars, sporting events, and cultural activities.  It a really crappy business trip when you have to go to a place that has none of those amenities.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2009, 12:18:49 PM
Oh please.  Cleveland is still a big city with nice hotels, restaurants, bars, sporting events, and cultural activities.

Have you been there?  Cleveland is nasty.

QuoteIt a really crappy business trip when you have to go to a place that has none of those amenities.

Like the Yukon?  :P