News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

God has a sense of humor

Started by Ed Anger, July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 09:45:25 AM(save for my FBI Special Agent interview).
Elaborate.

In my typical fashion, I got through the entire painful process (to the point where I had a slot at Quantico) but turned down the job at the last minute because I had gotten a higher-paying job that didn't require me to relocate.

Worst part of the process was having to go through a second polygraph session because they didn't believe my responses to past drug use & having been contacted by another country's intelligence service :D

Some days I wish I had taken the job, other days I'm glad I didn't :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Were you going to be working on the X-Files?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2009, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2009, 07:51:06 AM
I have no desire to meet anyone. I despise idiotic small talk, meeting in bars or having my organs stolen.

:D
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 12:30:31 PM

Have you been there?  Cleveland is nasty.

I remember 10-12 years ago when the city was supposedly reviving. Then plop, right back into the shitter.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 12:30:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2009, 12:18:49 PM
Oh please.  Cleveland is still a big city with nice hotels, restaurants, bars, sporting events, and cultural activities.

Have you been there?  Cleveland is nasty.

QuoteIt a really crappy business trip when you have to go to a place that has none of those amenities.

Like the Yukon?  :P

Like some communities in Yukon?  Yes.  Even without having visited Cleveland I can tell you a trip there is nicer than a trip to Ross River or Beaver Creek, Yukon.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 12:51:41 PM

Yeah, but involving the less interesting kind of alien.  I was fast-tracked due to the fact that I speak Spanish & have an International Relations degree. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2009, 12:51:41 PM

Yeah, but involving the less interesting kind of alien.  I was fast-tracked due to the fact that I speak Spanish & have an International Relations degree.

So that is why you spook Jaron so much. FEDERALES!

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2009, 02:06:37 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.... swimming across the Rio Grande.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Good news: Helsinki part canceled.

Bad news: extra day in in fucking Denmark.

C'mon airlines, ground all the planes.

Habbaku

Don't forget your minesweeper.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Octavian

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 25, 2009, 10:01:27 AM
Good news: Helsinki part canceled.

Bad news: extra day in in fucking Denmark.

C'mon airlines, ground all the planes.
:lol:

Its a small price to pay in order to avoid going to Hellstinki
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Mr.Penguin

Muhahhaa, Ed is doomed the uneven streets of Copenhagen. I warn you my lad, its a cursed city, full of long legged blonds and beer. Be warned, many a young lad has lost thier mind and soul in this erternal cesspool of smugness...

Btw, atleast stay away from the socalled "freetown" of Christiania, its a scam run by hypocritical hippies...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Neil

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on July 26, 2009, 05:03:02 AM
Muhahhaa, Ed is doomed the uneven streets of Copenhagen. I warn you my lad, its a cursed city, full of long legged blonds and beer. Be warned, many a young lad has lost thier mind and soul in this erternal cesspool of smugness...

Btw, atleast stay away from the socalled "freetown" of Christiania, its a scam run by hypocritical hippies...
Ed isn't exactly a young man.  Moreover, if he can survive living in Ohio, where armed blacks gangs roam the streets in search of whites to murder, some backwoods camp full of second-rate Scandinavians isn't going to pose much of a problem.  And the spoken English in Copenhagen will probably be superior to Ohio, allowing for an ease of communication that should be most refreshing.

One possible danger:  MB might be a Mormon (his taking of a child bride suggests this).  He might get mixed up with a local child and marry her too, becoming one of those polygamous Mormon guys that the governments loves to shoot at.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2009, 09:30:11 AM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on July 26, 2009, 05:03:02 AM

Ed isn't exactly a young man.  Moreover, if he can survive living in Ohio, where armed blacks gangs roam the streets in search of whites to murder, some backwoods camp full of second-rate Scandinavians isn't going to pose much of a problem.  And the spoken English in Copenhagen will probably be superior to Ohio, allowing for an ease of communication that should be most refreshing.

One possible danger:  MB might be a Mormon (his taking of a child bride suggests this).  He might get mixed up with a local child and marry her too, becoming one of those polygamous Mormon guys that the governments loves to shoot at.

:lol:

Ed Anger

I'm off to a dreary land of renegade Germans.

Bleh.