Just games
0 (0%)
Just live action
3 (6.7%)
NOTHING. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING DUNE RELATED
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Josquius

I just saw a video about Dune 1. One of the best games ever.
And they're making a new movie.
So lets have a Dune thread!

Merged all the games into one and the movies and TV into one.

What's the order in which you experienced the series?
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

My option is not in the polls.  :(

Live Action -> Games -> Book.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on February 22, 2019, 02:54:26 PM

Knew I'd make a mistake. Doh
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I played Dune first. Then Dune 2. Then I saw the Lynch Film. Then I read the book. Then I saw the 2000 Sci Fi miniseries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

- Dune 2 when it came out in '92
- Most of the original books (maybe all, can't remember) in the mid 90s
- The movie around 2000 or so

Nothing else since then.

Re-read the first book a couple of years ago, still enjoyed it but not as much.

celedhring

I got the book in my early teens. I was beginning to discover sci-fi at the time, and I got Dune out of reputation, but it was probably still a tough ask at my age and I disliked it, wasn't able to finish it. Shortly afterwards I got addicted to the first videogame - which I used to replay over and over after computer science class (my home computer wasn't able to run it), but that didn't prompt me to go back to the book. Then in my early 20s, when I was at film school, I watched the Lynch movie and that made me finally go back and finish the book - which by then I was able to fully appreciate.

Admiral Yi

This poll has more options than we do posters.  :D

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on February 22, 2019, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 22, 2019, 02:54:26 PM

Knew I'd make a mistake. Doh

Too many options with repeated terms.  :P There are two sets of "Book -> Live Action -> Games".

Caliga

I have sadly never read any of the Dune novels but they've been high on my list for years.  So Live action -> games.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Movie (Judas Booth "Director's Cut") -> Movie (Lynch Theatrical Release) -> Book

So it got better every step of the way for me.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Delirium

First book, about four times in a row - David Lynch video release - Second book, two times - Avalon Hill boardgame. Never played it as a computer game, and never read beyond the second book.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Oexmelin

Movie - Dune 2 video game - Dune 1 video game - Book - Sci-fi Miniseries
Que le grand cric me croque !

citizen k

What we know so far about the cast of Dune 2020:
Rebecca Ferguson - Lady Jessica Atreides
Timothee Chalamet - Paul Atreides
Oscar Isaac - Duke Leto Atreides
Stellan Skarsgard - Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
Josh Brolin - Gurney Halleck
Jason Momoa - Duncan Idaho
Javier Bardem - Stilgar
Charlotte Rampling - Reverend Mother Mohiam
Zendaya - Chani

Valmy

Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho? That is...not really what I had pictured  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

Book first - my mother's copy; I starting reading a number of the books from her bookshelf when I was aged 9 or 10.

Then the David Lynch film, which I saw at a friend's birthday party; looking back it does seem surprising that the parents would consider it suitable for showing to nearly a dozen kids even 30 odd years ago. But then again, another year I can recall they found the fourth "Planet of the Apes" movie to be suitable fare for their kid's party...* :hmm:

Since I went to a different school to all of them at 11 this has to have been back in 1985 or, more likely 1986.

I've never played any of the games, and I don't believe I've ever watched the miniseries' all the way through.

-----------------------------------

*I believe everyone cheered the apes during the uprising IIRC.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."