0 (0%)
Just live action
3 (6.7%)
NOTHING. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING DUNE RELATED
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on November 10, 2021, 10:23:17 AM
I read the first book in the series. Then saw the Lynch film.

:hug:

Tamas

I went Dune 2 the PC game, TV mini-series, book, Lynch movie (OMB BLEH) then new movie.

fromtia

I'm going back to the movie theatre again today for a second viewing with son of fromtia. After a few days of digesting, I'm still largely stunned by how good the movie is, especially some of the skilfull exposition (oft mentioned non canon Salusa Secundus scene). The quibble, gripe even, that's most common in the reviews I'm now reading is the one that the movie ends abruptly in a rather forced way, and that's certainly fair. In the Jamis fight scene it may have been better if we'd had Pauls tears as well, and a bit more exposition - which villeneuve has proved to be masterful at - showing the Fremen trying to decide if Paul really is Lisan al Ghaib and perhaps a tiny bit more Missionara Protectiva.

Other than that my gripe, is that the movie was so good, I wanted it to be at least an hour longer, more Thufir, more Thufir/Jessicas mutual suspicion, a bit more Yueh and search for the spy and the famous dinner scene - which apparently was filmed!!!
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Josquius

It was good. Though intermissions really need to be brought back to the cinema.
██████
██████
██████

fromtia

Skarsgards Baron is fantastic - understated schemer as opposed to the previous comedy villains. Makes a world of difference.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Barrister

MRs B is taking the kids to Banff for a couple days - they're off of school for a "fall break", while I still have to work.

Maybe I'll check out Dune tomorrow.  Theatre should hopefully not be very crowded by this point.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Saw the movie this weekend.  No flaw that I could discern.  I'm still amazed at this movie.  Can't wait for part 2! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.