News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Arizona approves bill allowing guns in bars

Started by jimmy olsen, July 01, 2009, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Siege on July 17, 2009, 06:33:36 PM
It seems asians have a higher tolerance for injustice than westerners.

How far do you have to push asians for them to rebel?
You take their freedom and they don't rebel.
What about food? That's the basic human need. Would they rebel if they are hungry?

Israel is in Asia.  Israelis = Asians  :P

Siege

Quote from: Monoriu on July 17, 2009, 06:42:14 PM

What about food? That's the basic human need. Would they rebel if they are hungry?

Israel is the Middle East. Middle East > Asia   :(

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on July 17, 2009, 03:13:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2009, 02:21:29 PM

I'll take two to work next week to make up for it.

Don't bring your guns to town, Ed :alberta:

The Earps can go to hell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on July 17, 2009, 09:58:12 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 17, 2009, 09:30:59 AM
When I got hired here the HR director was doing a dumb orientation thingy and pointed that out.  He followed his comment with "even though it's legal, we politely and respectfully ask you to leave your firearms at home."  :lol:

I'm not allowed to bring firearms to work. :(

Neither am I.

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on July 17, 2009, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2009, 02:43:38 AM
Amusing Colbert skit about the same law in Tennessee:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/238642/july-15-2009/difference-makers---doug-jackson

Now this is an eye opener -

QuoteAmerica's founding fathers were students of history and human nature and understood that all government eventually leads to tyranny, and that the only antidote was a well-armed populace ("milita" as the term was understood at the time). TN Senator Doug Jackson understands that gun control anywhere leads to gun control everywhere. What happens with gun control? In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million peaceful citizens who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 innocents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

Do some people really think that way in America?
Many Americans are extremely stupid, and think that personal firearms are somehow useful against a modern military.  Not to mention that some of the figures and dates don't really match up.  The Russian murder-state was already well underway by the time gun control came in, as was the German one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 17, 2009, 07:53:14 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 17, 2009, 09:58:12 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 17, 2009, 09:30:59 AM
When I got hired here the HR director was doing a dumb orientation thingy and pointed that out.  He followed his comment with "even though it's legal, we politely and respectfully ask you to leave your firearms at home."  :lol:

I'm not allowed to bring firearms to work. :(

Neither am I.

Yep, never trust the chair force with guns.

Hell, when I go on Wright Patt, the gate guards usually aren't armed. CRACK SECURITY THERE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Siege on July 17, 2009, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 17, 2009, 06:42:14 PM

Israel is the Middle East. Middle East > Asia   :(
The Middle East is part of Asia.  The worst part of it.  There isn't a single Western country in the Middle East, whereas in the rest of Asia there's Japan, and possibly South Korea.  India is on the path to civilization, although still has a ways to go, and much of its population to disintegrate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 09:55:51 AM
Many Americans are extremely stupid, and think that personal firearms are somehow useful against a modern military.  Not to mention that some of the figures and dates don't really match up.  The Russian murder-state was already well underway by the time gun control came in, as was the German one.
And besides, some Russians did keep their pistols from the war.  They used them mainly to commit suicide when they thought their end was near.  Only NRA nuts could think that gun ownership could derail Stalinism.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on July 18, 2009, 10:39:47 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 18, 2009, 09:55:51 AM
And besides, some Russians did keep their pistols from the war.  They used them mainly to commit suicide when they thought their end was near.  Only NRA nuts could think that gun ownership could derail Stalinism.
Presumably if the kulaks had guns, their martial spirit would have enabled them to stand against the Red Army.

You know, the old 'men against fire' nonsense.