Arizona approves bill allowing guns in bars

Started by jimmy olsen, July 01, 2009, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 03, 2009, 01:49:54 AM

Sounds healthier than the wait until college and drink until you get alcohol poisoning method.
So you believe early moderate drinking in adolescence will reduce later binge drinking in young adulthood? Not rhetorical question. I wonder how alcohol should be introduced to young people.

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on July 03, 2009, 03:10:28 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 03, 2009, 01:49:54 AM

Sounds healthier than the wait until college and drink until you get alcohol poisoning method.
So you believe early moderate drinking in adolescence will reduce later binge drinking in young adulthood? Not rhetorical question. I wonder how alcohol should be introduced to young people.

No, it can only increase it I think.

Iormlund

Teens will drink themselves silly here just as they do elsewhere. The main difference I see is we don't drink alone that much. Drinking is a social thing.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on July 03, 2009, 05:04:27 AM
Teens will drink themselves silly here just as they do elsewhere. The main difference I see is we don't drink alone that much. Drinking is a social thing.

I remember when I was in Europe taking classes there was this Irish guy who would leave his last class at around noon and head to the bar and start drinking and by the time we showed up to party that evening he was already passed out.  I never figured what the point was of getting so plastered during the day you missed the party that night.

Anyway drinking alone is pretty rare here as well outside of alcoholics I think...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Kentucky not only has an open carry law but employers can't prevent you keeping a gun in your car while parked on their property. :punk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 17, 2009, 09:19:42 AM
Kentucky not only has an open carry law but employers can't prevent you keeping a gun in your car while parked on their property. :punk:

Barbarians.  :rolleyes:

Property owners here at least retain the right to ban that shit.

Guns are bad.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

When I got hired here the HR director was doing a dumb orientation thingy and pointed that out.  He followed his comment with "even though it's legal, we politely and respectfully ask you to leave your firearms at home."  :lol:

Neil

You Southerners are fucked up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 17, 2009, 09:30:59 AM
When I got hired here the HR director was doing a dumb orientation thingy and pointed that out.  He followed his comment with "even though it's legal, we politely and respectfully ask you to leave your firearms at home."  :lol:

Meanwhile, Johnny snaps and brought his favorite 12 gauge to work....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Believe it or not there hasn't been a workplace shooting here for like 15 years, unless you count the guy who went into his ex-girlfriend's office with a gun, couldn't find her, and then took the business owner hostage and end up killing himself.  If you count that, there hasn't been a workplace shooting here for like one week. :)

DGuller

One week is nothing to scoff at.  Better to be not shot for one week than to be shot sometime during the week.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on July 17, 2009, 09:30:59 AM

I'm not allowed to bring firearms to work. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on July 17, 2009, 09:55:37 AM
One week is nothing to scoff at.  Better to be not shot for one week than to be shot sometime during the week.
'Tis better to be shot at work then never to be shot at all.  :)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 17, 2009, 09:29:17 AM

Barbarians.  :rolleyes:

Property owners here at least retain the right to ban that shit.

Guns are bad.  :mad:

Didn't Wal-Mart lose a lawsuit a while back because they didn't allow a person to carry in the store and he got mugged?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers