Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 31, 2017, 09:05:09 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 31, 2017, 07:31:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2017, 07:20:43 AM
Not really. After all, he's the one who decided to decide on a flawed interpretation and then post at length about it. Can't really blame myself for the time and energy he decided to expend.

True.  But you are to blame for sounding exactly like a racist, no matter how much or little time Berkut expended pointing it out.
Context matters.  This wasn't garbon's first post on this forum, a little latitude in the interpretation is called for when it runs counter to all prior positing history. 

Berkut's very first first reply, when he decided to go "THAT'S RACIST!!!  :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :angry: :angry: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :angry: :angry:" instead of "this really did not come off well, did you really mean it that way" made it all about him from that point on.

Yes, it is certainly my fault he said something racist and then refused to back off on it.

The problem isn't the news, it is the leakers! They are the problem!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 31, 2017, 09:05:09 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 31, 2017, 07:31:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2017, 07:20:43 AM
Not really. After all, he's the one who decided to decide on a flawed interpretation and then post at length about it. Can't really blame myself for the time and energy he decided to expend.

True.  But you are to blame for sounding exactly like a racist, no matter how much or little time Berkut expended pointing it out.
Context matters.  This wasn't garbon's first post on this forum, a little latitude in the interpretation is called for when it runs counter to all prior positing history. 

Berkut's very first first reply, when he decided to go "THAT'S RACIST!!!  :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :angry: :angry: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :angry: :angry:" instead of "this really did not come off well, did you really mean it that way" made it all about him from that point on.

It is true that things went to a bizarre place before I'd even had a chance to explain why I wrote what I did...which made me think it wasn't really worth it to elaborate.

I guess, just so it is out there, I don't think that all people of any race think the same way. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2017, 10:01:13 AM
I guess, just so it is out there, I don't think that all people of any race think the same way. :o

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Look at those three people with low melanin content in their skin. They must all think the same!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2017, 10:19:28 AM
Look at those three people with low melanin content in their skin. They must all think the same!

WYPIPO
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on August 31, 2017, 08:09:54 AM

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I don't know, man. Ray Charles was pretty damn blind.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2017, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2017, 11:11:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2017, 11:07:10 PM
I'll concede that maybe I've let CdM's characterization of your politics colour my memory of your posts.

:lol:

CdM is better at languish agitprop than Hansie ever was.

I just traffic in the truth.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on August 31, 2017, 12:25:47 AM

But really, bullying is a national sport here.  When it's not Tim, it's you, or me, or Berkut now, it seems.  We get used to it.  I'm sure most of them are nice guys in real life.

It's not the same for everyone, though.  Tim gets bullied for being somewhat naïve and so very, very earnest.  Berkut gets, well, I'm not sure he gets bullied exactly, because he pushes back, but he gets flack for being so forceful and having a hair-trigger.  You get bullied because many people find some of the views you've expressed recently pretty vile (and they aren't the vile views that are socially and politically acceptable around here).

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: dps on August 31, 2017, 04:20:36 PM
You get bullied because many people find some of the views you've expressed recently pretty vile (and they aren't the vile views that are socially and politically acceptable around here).
All right, I'll bite, which vile views do we find socially and politically acceptable around here?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive