News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

OTOH quite a few people on the left have complained about the right leaning tendencies of Languish and subsequently quit.  Tuna, Sask, BuddhaRhubarb come to mind (although Sask does make appearances now and then).

I think the lean of the board hasn't changed significantly, it's just shed some of the extreme and the views of the remaining members have changed over time.

Valmy

I thought Norgy did so to. But I could be wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: frunk on September 01, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
OTOH quite a few people on the left have complained about the right leaning tendencies of Languish and subsequently quit.  Tuna, Sask, BuddhaRhubarb come to mind (although Sask does make appearances now and then).

I think the lean of the board hasn't changed significantly, it's just shed some of the extreme and the views of the remaining members have changed over time.

This I can't agree with. Languish has always been left. If this site is thought of as right leaning, it's like comparing the Euro right to the U.S. right.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on September 01, 2017, 09:32:00 PM

This I can't agree with. Languish has always been left. If this site is thought of as right leaning, it's like comparing the Euro right to the U.S. right.

Oh everything is too right wing for somebody.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

frunk

I didn't say whether Languish was to the right or to the left, just that there are people who quit because they felt it was too far to the right.

Eddie Teach

Going by US elections, we had a pretty even split between Bush and Kerry, 2/3 majorities for Obama and near unanimity for Clinton.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Languish has been center-right for most of its existence.  Let's not forget that this forum started as a refuge for pro-war Americans that felt alienated from Paradox OT forum.  We just haven't descended into fascism when the right wing did, which is why it appears that we have taken a left turn.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 01, 2017, 10:03:36 PM
Going by US elections, we had a pretty even split between Bush and Kerry, 2/3 majorities for Obama and near unanimity for Clinton.

Well I cannot challenge you on that since the evidence from the 2004 and 2008 elections has been destroyed forever.

I think we were mostly unanimous against Trump, with a few notable exceptions, but not necessarily for Clinton.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2017, 10:04:43 PM
Languish has been center-right for most of its existence.  Let's not forget that this forum started as a refuge for pro-war Americans that felt alienated from Paradox OT forum.  We just haven't descended into fascism when the right wing did, which is why it appears that we have taken a left turn.

At least the sanctions were ended. Think of all the children we saved.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2017, 10:04:43 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  This was Iraq-war central.  I think the failure of war and the Bush administration took the sails out of lot of the right wingers.  I do remember being lectured several times how Fascism is a left-wing phenomenon.  How quaint that seems in the age of the Alt-Right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

The Brain

Politics is so middle class. I try to avoid getting my hands filthy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

...huh?
Languish is very right leaning. The very core of this place is people who left paradox as it was too left wing.
Most people here are fairly moderate conservative with a few on the hard right and a handful on the left.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Tuna didn't leave over any left/right type split, though.  He left because people were making fun of people that died in a shipping accident in our typical misanthropic, sarcastic, mean-spirited way.  There wasn't really anything political about it IIRC,