News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 04, 2017, 12:54:44 PM
Trump doesn't support Nazis and you know it.

Both silence and moral equivalency implies at best ambivalence and at worst consent--none of which are acceptable options for any President of the United States.

QuoteI don't see why a very small Nazi demonstration in Charlottesville is the core issue, moreso than rampant Antifa violence nationwide.

Rampant means "flourishing" and "unchecked."  Please link to examples of such flourishing and unchecked rampancy nationwide. 

Ancient Demon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2017, 01:56:29 PM

Both silence and moral equivalency implies at best ambivalence and at worst consent--none of which are acceptable options for any President of the United States.

He shouldn't have had to comment on such a minor event at all. I don't recall Obama's feet being held to the fire every time a black person somewhere did something bad.

As for moral equivalency, political violence is political violence, regardless of the alleged ideology of the perpetrator.

QuoteRampant means "flourishing" and "unchecked."  Please link to examples of such flourishing and unchecked rampancy nationwide.

I'm not interested in playing word games. Read up on the "Battle of Berkeley" for an example of what I mean.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I seem to recall constant demands that Obama say the words "radical Islamic terrorism" and complaints that Obama is not forceful enough in his rhetoric concerning Muslims.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I had briefly forgotten about what a douche Ancient Demon is. I guess there's a face to why America got Trump.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Camerus

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 04, 2017, 12:25:37 PM
Yeah, most of the anti-antifa stuff seems to be a rather weakly veiled attempt to ignore the core issue. Which is fucking Nazis and their support by POTUS.

Well yes. That is obvious. It is whataboutism. That was clear from the beginning.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Camerus

I think it's reasonable to hold that both are problems significant enough to warrant discussion and condemnation without engaging in whataboutism. IMO both represent serious societal dysfunction.

Maximus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 04, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
He shouldn't have had to comment on such a minor event at all. I don't recall Obama's feet being held to the fire every time a black person somewhere did something bad.

For that analogy to hold up you'd have to be saying that Trump is an actual Nazi.

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Maximus on September 04, 2017, 04:32:21 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 04, 2017, 02:41:26 PM

For that analogy to hold up you'd have to be saying that Trump is an actual Nazi.

No.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Camerus on September 04, 2017, 03:39:55 PM
I think it's reasonable to hold that both are problems significant enough to warrant discussion and condemnation without engaging in whataboutism. IMO both represent serious societal dysfunction.

Agreed. What annoys me the most is the double standards.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 04, 2017, 06:14:54 PM

Yes, the Missouri Border Ruffians said that about the Kansas Free Staters too.

Valmy

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 04, 2017, 06:14:54 PM

What double standard?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Sure it is possible. But it was only done this time once somebody got murdered by a far right nut case. Suddenly we all had to denounce everybody else for some reason. Just so the far right doesn't feel like they are unjustly blamed for something.

I don't think anybody is really all that worried about those antifa clowns. But hey if they are that concerned I don't think anybody will complain if criminals are arrested. Because I have to say that repeatedly for some reason. Just so there is no 'double standard'.