Main Menu

About those peaceful antifa protests...

Started by viper37, August 20, 2017, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2017, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2017, 02:59:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 01, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
I'm glad Hortlund left, Slargos was an annoying racist, and I think Kronn is still around here and there. I know AmScip is.

Not exactly a good list.

I think it would be fair to call Hortlund a fascist.  Remember his constant defense of Albert Speer?

Point?

Hortlund was a fascist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Giving Conway the benefit of the doubt is kooky now?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 01, 2017, 04:56:26 PM

She talked about the "Bowling Green Massacre" on three separate occasions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

How does that prove she was making shit up rather than confused about the facts?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2017, 04:41:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2017, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2017, 02:59:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 01, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
I'm glad Hortlund left, Slargos was an annoying racist, and I think Kronn is still around here and there. I know AmScip is.

Not exactly a good list.

I think it would be fair to call Hortlund a fascist.  Remember his constant defense of Albert Speer?

Point?

Hortlund was a fascist.

Okay. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

When it came to politics, KRonn sounded like he had an IQ of 70, even long before he said anything that identified him with one party or the other.  He displayed a profound inability to say or comprehend anything other than empty platitudes.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2017, 06:36:04 PM
When it came to politics, KRonn sounded like he had an IQ of 70, even long before he said anything that identified him with one party or the other.  He displayed a profound inability to say or comprehend anything other than empty platitudes.

Glass houses?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2017, 02:53:41 PM
I was just answering your question.

FWIW, Kronn is pretty much gone, though he may pop back in at some point.  I know he was a bit turned off by the hostility the Languish left has been displaying in recent years.  And as I mentioned, Amski appears to be avoiding political discussions, so from a political perspective he's not here.

I am sorry to hear we were too mean for Kronn but what is this 'recent years' nonsense? When have we ever been a cuddly warm sort of place? I mean I love you Spicey but not everybody is as tender hearted as me.

Did I ever say something mean to KRonn? I apologize if he took anything personally.

As for Scip he has not posted seriously about political topics since at least before 2009. And judging by his facebook feed that is not because he shares a radically different opinion than most of us here so it is not terror at our vile hostility that is keeping him from doing that. But hey he can probably speak for himself at some point if he sees this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2017, 03:00:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 01, 2017, 02:56:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2017, 02:53:41 PM
FWIW, Kronn is pretty much gone, though he may pop back in at some point.  I know he was a bit turned off by the hostility the Languish left has been displaying in recent years.

He was posting some kooky quackery when it came to politics.

Case in point :P

Is saying somebody is a kooky quack too hostile for you? Damn you have gotten soft over the years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2017, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 01, 2017, 01:28:27 PM
Which ones?

Hortlund, Hans, Scip (he's still sort of here but seems to avoid political threads).  Probably forgetting one or two.

Hortlund left because he was running for office in Sweden and did not want anything HE said to impact him, nothing to do with my hostility towards him. I was not that hostile to him I don't think.

Hans was never really a regular poster, or at least has not been for a decade. He just drives by from time to time. I have wondered what he thinks about Trump. He might show up again at some point.

Anyway sorry this faceless mob known at the 'Languish Left' is so damn hostile. But any team that has Berkut on it is going to be pretty salty.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2017, 07:10:01 PM
Anyway sorry this faceless mob known at the 'Languish Left' is so damn hostile. But any team that has Berkut on it is going to be pretty salty.
it's just that some of us never imagined Languish turning that far left.  Now, it's just "OMG facist!"  "Jew hater" "Racist" whenever there is a disagreement on policies.  That and the constant reminder that not all of us are English teachers.  I know my english sucks, and I'm totally losing it, it's even worst in person, I constantly struggle with the words and I'm unable to form them correctly.  I just don't have to be reminded every goddam post, it gets tiresome.

It used to be a cool place, filled with cool people.  It used to be despite our differences, despite the trading of insults by CdM we had a certain grudging respect for one another.  Now...  Ah, I'm just a tired old man.

And yeah, I liked Kronn and I miss him.  Even if he became a misguided Trump supporter, he wasn't a kook in politics, far from it.  He wasn't anything like Hansmeister towing the GOP lines and spin all day long.  Pretty laid back, liberal guy.  Unlike so many of us, he was against the war on Iraq back in 2003.  Now, some of us looks like fool, and he gets called a kook.  Weird.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

QuoteNow, it's just "OMG facist!"  "Jew hater" "Racist" whenever there is a disagreement on policies.

And there are plenty of us fighting back against that to the extent it happens.

QuoteIt used to be a cool place, filled with cool people.  It used to be despite our differences, despite the trading of insults by CdM we had a certain grudging respect for one another.  Now...  Ah, I'm just a tired old man.

I think we all are...tired old men that is. We are getting grumpy. I do have a grudging respect for all of you it is never personal.

And don't forget shitloads of people like Buddha and Sav and others have left because were too damn far right wing.

QuoteAnd yeah, I liked Kronn and I miss him.  Even if he became a misguided Trump supporter, he wasn't a kook in politics, far from it.  He wasn't anything like Hansmeister towing the GOP lines and spin all day long.  Pretty laid back, liberal guy.  Unlike so many of us, he was against the war on Iraq back in 2003.  Now, some of us looks like fool, and he gets called a kook.  Weird.

Was he? Damn I don't remember that. Anyway Kronn will hopefully be back I think we are all mellowing out a bit on the Trump shit as it becomes more normalized and common place.

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on September 01, 2017, 06:53:52 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2017, 06:36:04 PM

Glass houses?
Clever jabs are not your forte.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on September 01, 2017, 07:24:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2017, 07:10:01 PM
it's just that some of us never imagined Languish turning that far left.  Now, it's just "OMG facist!"  "Jew hater" "Racist" whenever there is a disagreement on policies.  That and the constant reminder that not all of us are English teachers.  I know my english sucks, and I'm totally losing it, it's even worst in person, I constantly struggle with the words and I'm unable to form them correctly.  I just don't have to be reminded every goddam post, it gets tiresome.

It used to be a cool place, filled with cool people.  It used to be despite our differences, despite the trading of insults by CdM we had a certain grudging respect for one another.  Now...  Ah, I'm just a tired old man.

And yeah, I liked Kronn and I miss him.  Even if he became a misguided Trump supporter, he wasn't a kook in politics, far from it.  He wasn't anything like Hansmeister towing the GOP lines and spin all day long.  Pretty laid back, liberal guy.  Unlike so many of us, he was against the war on Iraq back in 2003.  Now, some of us looks like fool, and he gets called a kook.  Weird.

If you can't stand the heat, don't put your face on the stove.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 01, 2017, 05:17:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 01, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

How does that prove she was making shit up rather than confused about the facts?

Anyone who refers to lies as "alternative facts", draws suspicion of dishonesty.