Trains, Banks and Public/Private Ownership - Prev.Predict UK Gen.Election Result

Started by mongers, June 04, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be the size of Theresa May's majority in the Commons

150+ MPs
0 (0%)
101-149
0 (0%)
81-100
2 (5.9%)
51-80
4 (11.8%)
31-50
6 (17.6%)
16-30
5 (14.7%)
1-15
2 (5.9%)
Zero - (Even number of MPs)
1 (2.9%)
Minority conservative government
9 (26.5%)
Labour and other parties coalition
2 (5.9%)
Labour majority government
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Liep

"Eve-of-vote poll by ComRes for The Independent gives Ms May a 10-point lead, indicating an 74-seat majority"

If true what do I win by having guessed 51-80? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Agelastus

The final day polls varied between a 1 point and a 13 point Tory lead (although I may have missed some.)

It will be very interesting to see how the Exit Poll turns out; will I need to break out my cheapest booze to get roaring drunk (well, tipsy anyway) or open the bottle of fifty year old Cognac I let myself be tempted by a couple of weeks ago to celebrate?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Jacob

Quote from: Agelastus on June 08, 2017, 03:47:31 PM
The final day polls varied between a 1 point and a 13 point Tory lead (although I may have missed some.)

It will be very interesting to see how the Exit Poll turns out; will I need to break out my cheapest booze to get roaring drunk (well, tipsy anyway) or open the bottle of fifty year old Cognac I let myself be tempted by a couple of weeks ago to celebrate?

Hey Agelastus, IIRC you were pro-Brexit during the referendum. What do you think about how the post-referendum Brexit scenario has played out so far? Has your expectations for the post-Brexit world changed since the referendum time?

Not looking for an argument here, just curious about your perception.

Josquius

Channel 4 just announced exit poll for a hung parliament :w00t:

Really not believing it but...its encouraging given the polls throughout the day have been so for May.

If the results are what they say, Tories on 314.... the Northern Irish unionists are needed to make the government?
Promising for Brexit if so.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Exit poll...pretty fucking dire, really.

Tories 314, Labour 266, SNP 34, LD 14

Hung parliament.

And if the poll's right it's a good job I didn't tell Mongers I'd "eat my hat" when I saw his Scottish prediction.

Time to break out the cheaper booze.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2017, 04:01:42 PM

Exit poll is 12 from a majority? How was it the last exit poll went? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Tamas

If this ends up being the result, will May resign? It would be an incredible slap in her face

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Maladict on June 08, 2017, 04:06:46 PM
That's it for May then?

Honestly? If it's a hung parliament then the knives will be out in the Tory party and I'd guess yes - even a repeat of 2015 (where the exit poll called the Tories low) leading too a similar Tory majority as 2015 will probably cause "man overboard" in the Tory party.

For the last few elections the Exit poll has never been more than 20 seats wrong for a party - considering that, even if 2015 is repeated that's a Tory total of no more than 334.

If the exit poll is right, I'd also predict another election within 2 years, possibly within the year. Which screws the Brexit negotiations over royally.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2017, 04:08:43 PM
.....and then PM Boris? :lol:

Might as well run this whole thing to the ground and star over from scratch asap

Agelastus

Quote from: Liep on June 08, 2017, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2017, 04:01:42 PM

Exit poll is 12 from a majority? How was it the last exit poll went? :P

I looked it up - the 2015 exit poll called it as 316 for the Tories - so May's already doing worse there.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Tamas

But how many points are missing from a majority based on this? 12? Can't they just buy 12 guys from the others category?

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2017, 04:14:16 PM
But how many points are missing from a majority based on this? 12? Can't they just buy 12 guys from the others category?
They're pretty chummy with the DUP in Northern Ireland who have 8 at the moment. The Ulster Unionists have 2....... 18 available overall in Northern Ireland so...it's a big ask for them to be pushed over the majority line. I don't see UKIP getting anything.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2017, 04:14:16 PM

It actually is a couple of seats less than that since Sinn Fein MPs decline to actually represent their constituents. But even with that there's not enough Unionists in the "Others" category if they stay on 314.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be