Trains, Banks and Public/Private Ownership - Prev.Predict UK Gen.Election Result

Started by mongers, June 04, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be the size of Theresa May's majority in the Commons

150+ MPs
0 (0%)
101-149
0 (0%)
81-100
2 (5.9%)
51-80
4 (11.8%)
31-50
6 (17.6%)
16-30
5 (14.7%)
1-15
2 (5.9%)
Zero - (Even number of MPs)
1 (2.9%)
Minority conservative government
9 (26.5%)
Labour and other parties coalition
2 (5.9%)
Labour majority government
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

FunkMonk

Corbyn is a massive Arsenal fan so he could be a Bolshevik (he is) and I'd support everything he did.

Also, LMAO Brits are so talented at own goals lmao just fucken lol
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2017, 11:53:11 AM
I voted Labour minority, because that seems like the worst possible outcome, and that's the world we live in now.

It looks like BB might be right  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 08, 2017, 08:01:09 PM
Cornyn is a massive Arsenal fan so he could be a Bolshevik (he is) and I'd support everything he did.

Arsenal? I thought everyone hated them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Cornyn is a massive Arsenal fan so he could be a Bolshevik (he is) and I'd support everything he did.

Gooners.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Pretty sure it is Manchester United everybody hates.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 08, 2017, 08:06:29 PM

Arsenal? I thought everyone hated them.

That's said to be ManU.

Though I don't myself subscribe to that sporting meme.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Footie fans have room enough for more than one hatred in their hearts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on June 08, 2017, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2017, 07:50:19 PM
Wow it is a total disaster. I called it.

After Cameron's Brexit debacle one might think the Tory leadership are actually Labour agent provocateurs.

:blink:

Really?

This was a prime minister who called an entirely unnecessary general election, largely as a vanity project.

She carried on a presidential style campaign, in part modelled on Donald Trumps on, something entirely at variance with our parliamentary style of democracy. 

And don't forget in the dying days of the election she said she'd throw away civil liberties in order to confront a rather minor terrorism problem.

Valmy would you be happy with a president promising to quash American rights?

So I should basically not care about this. Beings we're stocked full of crazy here on the left side of the Atlantic.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on June 08, 2017, 08:12:48 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 08, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

After Cameron's Brexit debacle one might think the Tory leadership are actually Labour agent provocateurs.

:blink:

Really?

This was a prime minister who called an entirely unnecessary general election, largely as a vanity project.

She carried on a presidential style campaign, in part modelled on Donald Trumps on, something entirely at variance with our parliamentary style of democracy. 

And don't forget in the dying days of the election she said she'd throw away civil liberties in order to confront a rather minor terrorism problem.

Valmy would you be happy with a president promising to quash American rights?

So I should basically not care about this. Beings we're stocked full of crazy here on the left side of the Atlantic.

No I'm saying the May's election plan was to recast her leadership in the mould of a Trump, what the results so far shows is people want don't want a leader who wants to remain aloof and enact more arbitrary policies.

mongers

Big result in Scotland, Angus Robertson the SNP leader in the commons has lost to the conservatives. :gasp:

CountDeMoney

Seriously.  Stop having elections and referendums that you lose.  Pretty simple concept.

mongers

BBC tweak the exit poll to suggest the Tories will get 322 seats, so still short of a majority.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Quote from: mongers on June 08, 2017, 08:21:20 PM
BBC tweak the exit poll to suggest the Tories will get 322 seats, so still short of a majority.

Optimistic of them.

Anyway, I think I'll sign off for the night; was planning the sort of all-nighter I did in 1992, 1997, 2010 and 2015, but I've seen enough now.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: Agelastus on June 08, 2017, 08:28:18 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 08, 2017, 08:21:20 PM

Optimistic of them.

Anyway, I think I'll sign off for the night; was planning the sort of all-nighter I did in 1992, 1997, 2010 and 2015, but I've seen enough now.

Odd, because it's really on a knife edge now, the three likely outcome are all still possible and just a handful of votes will swing it either way.

Oh and goodnight.