Trains, Banks and Public/Private Ownership - Prev.Predict UK Gen.Election Result

Started by mongers, June 04, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be the size of Theresa May's majority in the Commons

150+ MPs
0 (0%)
101-149
0 (0%)
81-100
2 (5.9%)
51-80
4 (11.8%)
31-50
6 (17.6%)
16-30
5 (14.7%)
1-15
2 (5.9%)
Zero - (Even number of MPs)
1 (2.9%)
Minority conservative government
9 (26.5%)
Labour and other parties coalition
2 (5.9%)
Labour majority government
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

mongers

formerly Your Prediction for the UK General Election Result.

Around 100 hours to go till the likely result of the UK general election becomes apparent, so what are you predictions for the result?

I'll leave the poll open for the next 12-20 hours to give anyone interested a chance to express their opinion, before I lock it for prosperity.

Because of the practical limited to poll choices, the real world probabilities of some events and the possible confusion in political outcomes if labour does astonishingly well, I've left the last three polling options as non-numeric ones.

NB I've also intentionally left off all the possible Conservative coalitions with smaller parties, as it would be too complicated and it's quite likely a conservative minority government could function with the non-formal support of a handful of N.I. unionists, as has happened in the past.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I thought Labour and the penis shaped Corbyn had closed the gap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Sell your crazy elsewhere Monger's, we're all stocked up here.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2017, 07:04:18 PM
I thought Labour and the penis shaped Corbyn had closed the gap.

Nope, Tories are still pushing hard in Northern labour strong seats and are running a formidable social media campaign.

In comparison the opposition parties have been weak, the Lib-dems don't even seem able to run an effective leader's twitter feed.  :rolleyes:

I'm predicting a 98 seat Tory majority.  <_<

CountDeMoney

mongers

CountDeMoney

You guys should nationalize Der Trumpenfuhrer's golf courses.

Ed Anger

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2017, 07:18:58 PM

What and guarantee the start of thermonuclear war.

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on June 04, 2017, 07:27:10 PM

Corbyn won't use trident. What a pussy.

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2017, 07:32:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 04, 2017, 07:27:10 PM

Corbyn won't use trident. What a pussy.

Actually I think a conflict with Trump, would be the only time PM Corbyn would use them.   :P

Razgovory

Corbyn doesn't have any good qualities below the hat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Really uncool to use British politics as a pretext to make innuendos about Brain's health problems.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

I've chosen a tory majority of 31-50.

It could be a lot bigger though. A lot of Corbyn's support comes from younger people who have no experience or memory of the 1970s. Unfortunately, at least for Corbyn, these people vote far less than their elders despite all their "passion" that they spill all over the internet.

I hope they do vote though, if they do then we can thank Corbyn for re-energising things at least.