Trains, Banks and Public/Private Ownership - Prev.Predict UK Gen.Election Result

Started by mongers, June 04, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be the size of Theresa May's majority in the Commons

150+ MPs
0 (0%)
101-149
0 (0%)
81-100
2 (5.9%)
51-80
4 (11.8%)
31-50
6 (17.6%)
16-30
5 (14.7%)
1-15
2 (5.9%)
Zero - (Even number of MPs)
1 (2.9%)
Minority conservative government
9 (26.5%)
Labour and other parties coalition
2 (5.9%)
Labour majority government
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Zanza

Any chance the knives will come out in the Conservative party if May doesn't win in a landslide? I guess if she can't win a majority, she's toast. But maybe she will even have problems if she does not improve Cameron's 2015 result?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Zanza on June 05, 2017, 12:28:55 AM
Any chance the knives will come out in the Conservative party if May doesn't win in a landslide? I guess if she can't win a majority, she's toast. But maybe she will even have problems if she does not improve Cameron's 2015 result?

The extent of her power will be determined by the size of the majority. I reckon a backstab will occur unless she increases the majority. A thin majority may be the worst result as it puts power into the hands of hardcore brexiters. It is important to remember that a UK PM has no formal powers, they can be unmade in moments if they do not command the confidence of their party.

All very interesting, its just a pity that most of the parties are led by 3rd-raters and their front-benchers are generally even worse..............a massive dearth of political talent.

Richard Hakluyt

Eddie Teach

Any chance you might give Blair another go?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 01:49:51 PM
I predict: total disaster.

To be fair to May for a moment, it'll take her a good couple of years to screw up the Brexit negotiations.

Though saying that, a few more personal liberties and most remaining privacy will be gone by the Friday after next.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Fate

I'm going for Conservative minority government. May will be caught on a hot mic in the next few days talking about how she hates Muslims and Donald Trump is right about everything.

Gups

Tory majority of 50 or so. But that's just the midpoint on a wide range of possible outcomes. The polls are at such variance, depending on what methodology is being used, that nobody really knows what's going on.

Grinning_Colossus

May will be caught on a hot mic suggesting that all televisions should come with built-in cameras and mentioning that V for Vendetta is her favorite movie except for the downer ending. Tory majority of 51-80.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

dps

I voted 16-30, but I really have no idea and just chose more-or-less at random.

Zanza

I voted 31-50 as that seems to be the safe middle ground where you can't embarrass yourself with your guess. :P