UK Parliamentary General Election 8th June 2017

Started by mongers, April 19, 2017, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Gups on July 17, 2017, 08:07:19 AM
The Tory implosion  would be hilarious if (a) we weren't in the middle of negotiating Brexit and (b) the alternative wasn't comrade Jezza

Well, today has seen the resignation of the defence secretary over largely undisclosed allegations of sexual misconduct, so we might be heading for a Tory implosion over the next few months.

Also wasn't there a UK political crisis thread, but I couldn't find it.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

What's that? The "who's a naughty boy" list of the Tory party?

garbon

Yes, though it includes people who had affairs while married / married the people they had said affairs with (or as it lists for Amber Rudd that she had a workplace relationship!).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Alun Cairns appears to be on the list for being gay.

Josquius

Tory politician commits sexual harassment - nothing to see here, move along
Labour politician commits sexual harassment - this is thoroughly unacceptable and there will be a full investigation.

The Tory implosion  would be hilarious if (a) we weren't in the middle of negotiating Brexit and (b) the alternative wasn't comrade Jezza
Corbyn is old and is sticking to the party consensus. Given labours last manifesto I'm not concerned about Corbyn even though he himself is a dinosaur.
Plus, get rid of the tories and maybe the lib dems can step up as a viable opposition again. Liberal economic policy but not evil.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 02, 2017, 05:08:02 AM
Tory politician commits sexual harassment - nothing to see here, move along

:huh:

One of them already has resigned.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 02, 2017, 04:49:00 AM

I thought this list was a "MPs who were inappropriate" how can you  make that list for being gay?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2017, 06:22:39 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 02, 2017, 04:49:00 AM

I thought this list was a "MPs who were inappropriate" how can you  make that list for being gay?

It is a tittle-tattle list, all the MPs on it are Tories for example; so it also caters for homophobes and the generally prurient.

The Larch

I really wonder what "being inappropriate" means in this context.  :hmm:

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on November 02, 2017, 08:23:02 AM

Apparently, being gay.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2017, 08:34:45 AM

Apparently, being gay.

Actually that particular guy doesn't have anything in his file about being inappropriate.  :P

Gups

Who the hell knows. I hate that term.

The Larch

Quote from: Gups on November 02, 2017, 09:16:33 AM

Who the hell knows. I hate that term.

Apparently having grabby hands is not part of it, as that seems to be a separate offence.  :lol:

garbon

Fallon supposedly out over lewd comments to Leadsom.