And we're back!

Main Menu

Japan's fashion rebellion goes West

Started by Weatherman, July 06, 2009, 10:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I prefer lolita.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion

Sometimes I wonder where they find the money to buy all that expensive clothes.

Siege

Quote from: Weatherman on July 06, 2009, 10:46:01 PM
:bleeding:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8132726.stm

What's the big deal?

Brown pipple don't want to be brown, and paint their skin even darker to "protest". They wish they were born white, but there is nothing they can do about it. Not even Jacko with his millions managed to to fix that.

Psychology 101.

People are born the way they are. Yeah, it sucks to not be white. The entire culture its white dominated, the entire planet's concept of beauty is white dominated. Nobody likes non-white features, like wide nose, slant eyes or curled hair. But they have to learn that its all peer preasure and cultural perception. The world today is a product of 500 years of white domination. That is not going to go away any time soon, if ever. Yeah, people that weren't born white got issued a bad hand, but that's what they got, and have to deal with it.

Im not gonna lie to you. I am fucking GLAD that I am white skinned. I don't believe in racism or any of that crap, but the world is what it is, and despite my jewishness and my foreign accent, I have been able to milk my skin color to the end. The advantages of being white are far too many to dismiss, despite the afirmative action and all the equal oportunity stuff designed to help the non-whites.

I understand what these japanese kids feel. Their society, as an instrument of resistance, see whiteness as something bad, but kids can always read through the bullshit, and they understand that all these japanese conservatives that defend "asian values" are just bitter that they werent born white.

I have the same problem with my accent. I wish I were a native english-speaker. The language barrier is way too great, and I did have, and I can't afford to have ever again, a soldier not understanding what I am saying, yelling, in the middle of a firefight.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Quote from: Monoriu on July 06, 2009, 11:23:53 PM
I prefer lolita.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion

Sometimes I wonder where they find the money to buy all that expensive clothes.

In my experience, a culture that focus on their clothing, is a culture that cannot afford cars, hence why is ussually the young people in japan that do this kind of weird stuff.

Josquius

Seen this elsewhere.
Meh, you'd already think a lot of girls were following this these days anyway.
Fake tan- :x
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Poor Siegebreaker wishes he had been born white.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

Valmy

Westerners imitating the Japanese culture?

So what?  That has been going on for decades around here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Siege on July 06, 2009, 11:27:22 PM
I understand what these japanese kids feel. Their society, as an instrument of resistance, see whiteness as something bad, but kids can always read through the bullshit, and they understand that all these japanese conservatives that defend "asian values" are just bitter that they werent born white.

:bleeding:

If you'd bothered to read ganguro is about light skinned Japs bleaching themselves brown.

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:13:13 AM
Westerners imitating the Japanese culture?

So what?  That has been going on for decades around here.

I sent this article to a friend who's in Japan. What's really sad is that they're imitating a fashion that's years out of date.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on July 07, 2009, 08:18:30 AM
I sent this article to a friend who's in Japan. What's really sad is that they're imitating a fashion that's years out of date.

Nothing unusual about that.  When foreigners imitate American Culture they usually are pretty behind also.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 08:24:29 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on July 07, 2009, 08:18:30 AM

Nothing unusual about that.  When foreigners imitate American Culture they usually are pretty behind also.
Indeed.  Just look at Europe.  It's like it's the 90s or something.  Ten years ago, they were all wearing piano-key neckties.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Neil on July 07, 2009, 06:46:53 AM
Poor Siegebreaker wishes he had been born white.

Not really. I'm white skinned but I am not "white" as in white culture. To be that I couldn't be jewish, or more importantly, sefaradi. I definitively prefer to be sefaradi than WASP by a long, looong way.

What I do wish is I could speak english with a native accent, like my wife does.