The Inauguration of the 45th U.S. President

Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2017, 01:11:29 PM

We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement and, most importantly, we are protected by God.

Donald channels Ted Cruz.

Syt

The new profile pic of the @POTUS Twitter account looks like something from a 1990s RTS cutscene.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Phillip V

Trump seems to be going for the gruff tough guy persona for the Presidency compared to Obama's shining smiling face.  Sad!

Admiral Yi

Just needs to add an arrester cable and we can start landing planes.

What a disgrace.  What humiliation.  So humiliating!

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 02:31:19 PM
Meh, piss on it.  I'm going to get a couple burgers at Five Guys.  It's that kind of depressing.  Time for some comfort food and a hypertensive crisis.

Besides, the way they've been going at my healthcare like it's fucking personal, why bother anymore?  :lol:

I had a plate of wings and a burger straight off the grill.  Washed it down with a beer literally named All American IPA.  After I get done with a couple emails I'm going to smoke a Bolivar Belicoso Fino. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2017, 01:24:17 PM
Yeah I cannot recall a time the defeated candidate had a big roll in the inauguration or the transition.

You're being a little too critical here, I think.  She lost the election-- might as well enjoy the carbs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 02:38:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 02:31:19 PM
Meh, piss on it.  I'm going to get a couple burgers at Five Guys.  It's that kind of depressing.  Time for some comfort food and a hypertensive crisis.

Besides, the way they've been going at my healthcare like it's fucking personal, why bother anymore?  :lol:

I had a plate of wings and a burger straight off the grill.  Washed it down with a beer literally named All American IPA.  After I get done with a couple emails I'm going to smoke a Bolivar Belicoso Fino.

And you go right ahead, enjoy that victory meal.  In fact, you should score some lines of coke and cut it with your IGotsMinesCare healthcare card.  :)

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 02:42:05 PM
You're being a little too critical here, I think.  She lost the election-- might as well enjoy the carbs.

I think that was my point.

They showed up. That is all we typically expect the defeated candidate to do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Just seen some clips on CNN from this so-called riot. The American anarchists have a lot to learn though they are admittedly at a disadvantage with the much wider roads.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Phillip V

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2017, 02:45:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 02:42:05 PM

I think that was my point.

They showed up. That is all we typically expect the defeated candidate to do.

You said "big roll", as in, a big dinner roll that has lots of carbs.  Get it? :(

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 02:44:30 PM
And you go right ahead, enjoy that victory meal. 

We bustin' out the steaks tonight :yeah:

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 20, 2017, 02:58:36 PM
You said "big roll", as in, a big dinner roll that has lots of carbs.  Get it? :(

Ah. I see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2017, 12:17:47 PM

No no no, radioactive fallout is weather-impacted, don't want to be windward.

A DINGO ATE MY BABY

I'm glad I made it out of the country in time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM