Started by mongers, January 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

then it's gonna be a bitter four years. why put yourself through that

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2017, 07:22:25 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 24, 2017, 09:21:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 22, 2017, 08:21:31 PM
Thing is, if there's one person who would be the least impressed, affected or otherwise influenced by protesters, it would be President Donald J. Trump.

I completely disagree with this. Trump hates the idea that people don't like him. It's why he has to believe that he won the popular vote, why he couldn't bring himself to fire Lewandowski, etc. He cannot stand the idea that people don't like him, so he creates a reality where they do. He doesn't actually care about these people so much as he cares that these people adore him.

I didn't make myself clear: Trump's decision-making process is not going to be affected by protesters.  He's going to do what he wants to do--and if there's anybody that questions it, he doubles down and does what wants to do and then take it to 11, just to make a point.

Yip he will just dig his heels in. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: LaCroix on January 24, 2017, 08:42:33 PM

Oh, he won't be in charge after the first nuclear war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2017, 08:33:05 PM
I can't even laugh at this shit any more.

It's only the beginning, so maybe it'll get even worse to the point that it leaves self-parody and enters a new ethereal plane of logic? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I'm thinking about going to church again.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

Why, war game instead or just sit on your couch picking your nose.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 25, 2017, 12:31:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

Why, war game instead or just sit on your couch picking your nose.

It worked for War of the Worlds.

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on January 24, 2017, 08:42:33 PM

I have 20 years in the infantry, the second generation standing upright and have better punctuation than you. Clean up your act lawyer.

LaCroix

Razgovory

Quote from: LaCroix on January 25, 2017, 07:52:40 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 25, 2017, 12:47:45 AMand have better punctuation than you. Clean up your act lawyer.

why

He just told you why he has better punctuation.   20 years in the Infantry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: Zoupa on January 24, 2017, 08:19:15 PM
Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315856-trump-hands-portrait-of-inauguration-crowd-in-white-house-press-hall

So easily goaded. No wonder the FSB went all in on the asset.

Did you guys read the article? The picture that he's posting in the news room is actually of the Women's March, not his inauguration. :lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on January 25, 2017, 10:39:44 AM

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315856-trump-hands-portrait-of-inauguration-crowd-in-white-house-press-hall

Did you guys read the article? The picture that he's posting in the news room is actually of the Women's March, not his inauguration. :lol:

I thought it was really though that date was a mistake and/or data when photographer did his digital editing or some such.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on January 25, 2017, 10:53:02 AM

I thought it was really though that date was a mistake and/or data when photographer did his digital editing or some such.

Ah, okay. Typo on the part of the photographer. The way the image was taken, the crowd would look that full, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on January 25, 2017, 11:12:44 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 25, 2017, 10:53:02 AM

Ah, okay. Typo on the part of the photographer. The way the image was taken, the crowd would look that full, too.

Yeah, I thought real 'trick' was just that they cheated the angle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.